i would not go .22. a .22 is good for plinking because ammo is super cheap. but in all honesty you should shoot your carry gun as often as possible. i have a couple .22 caliber firearms but they are mainly to make my big ammo last longer at the range... i can burn through 250 rounds of .40 in no time! but having a few .22s to shoot in between gives me more shooting time.

if you have shot a 12 guage then you are no stranger to recoil. go with atleast a 9mm. in most firearms the 9mm has extremely low recoil.

the price of ammo should not be a concern of yours at this point imo. go with a caliber you feel comfortable with, for me, i carry .40... velocity right around 1000fps and the bullets are pretty heavy, 155-200 grains and magazine capacity is good.

look into:

springfield XD and XDM (my personal favs, i carry the xdm .40 full and the wife carries the xd sub compact 9mm)

glock

smith & wesson m&p

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

just got a chance to shoot the springfield XDS today, MAN!!! dumped 50 rounds through it, i figured recoil would be tremendous seeing as how this is a .45acp from a 3.3" barrel pistol that is 1" thick... but it was no more than the little diamond back 380 pistols everyone has now. look into the XDS, im saving up for one!!

springfield :woot:

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Archived