Hi everyone

I'm new here. And i.ve been doing some reading. But i cant seem to come up with the answer i'm looking for. I guess i'll just ask. I have a Mazda MX-3. The elctrical is stock. But now i'm upgrading the stereo. I have 1-Kicker ZX-1500.1 running 2ohms(1500 rms) to an 15" kicker L7 and 3-Kicker ZX200.2 . Two are bridged 4 ohms(200 rms) to each door to power my Polk MMC6500 and the last is running stereo 4 ohms(50 rms) to power my rear set of Polk speaker. I have a Kinetik Hc800 for the rear and a 5 farad stringer cap. I used all 4 ga wiring in the last system, is this going to be good for this setup? and what size fuse should i use under the hood? The 1500 came with a 100 amp fuse and the 200's all have 30 amp fuses. So that 190 should i use a 200 amp or a 150 amp. the local shop told me the 150 would be safer but i don't want to keep blowing fuses. My car is small so the main power is only around 15' long. Also since i already have the 4 ga can i just use 2 4ga wire for my main power wire? If i do that do i need do the same for the ground? thanks for any help.

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

I used all 4 ga wiring in the last system, is this going to be good for this setup? (You will need at least 2 runs of 4 gauge minimum, 1 run of 1/0 would be the best, or a 4 gauge and 2 gauge) and what size fuse should i use under the hood? The 1500 came with a 100 amp fuse and the 200's all have 30 amp fuses. So that 190 should i use a 200 amp or a 150 amp. (The 200a) the local shop told me the 150 would be safer but i don't want to keep blowing fuses. My car is small so the main power is only around 15' long. Also since i already have the 4 ga can i just use 2 4ga wire for my main power wire? (Yes thats fine, but not the best)If i do that do i need do the same for the ground? yes you should always have the same amount of ground as power, so if you choose 2 runs of 4gauge from bat to bat, you need 2 runs of 4 gauge from rear bat to ground

anymore ?'s

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

o and u need a new alt, ur current electrical isnt strong enough, and eventually, you could also move the kintetik800 to the front and buy a kinetik1800 for the rear

and do the big 3 if you havent already, this will be a better foundation for ur electrical

my .02 cents

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I used all 4 ga wiring in the last system, is this going to be good for this setup? (You will need at least 2 runs of 4 gauge minimum, 1 run of 1/0 would be the best, or a 4 gauge and 2 gauge) and what size fuse should i use under the hood? The 1500 came with a 100 amp fuse and the 200's all have 30 amp fuses. So that 190 should i use a 200 amp or a 150 amp. (The 200a) the local shop told me the 150 would be safer but i don't want to keep blowing fuses. My car is small so the main power is only around 15' long. Also since i already have the 4 ga can i just use 2 4ga wire for my main power wire? (Yes thats fine, but not the best)If i do that do i need do the same for the ground? yes you should always have the same amount of ground as power, so if you choose 2 runs of 4gauge from bat to bat, you need 2 runs of 4 gauge from rear bat to ground

anymore ?'s

Wow thanks for the fast reponse. What size alt wolud i need? i would gotten one already but i had to put a new tranny in the car. I'm waiting for it get out the shop now so i can start the build.

1993 Mazda Mx-3

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

what car? probably 200a or bigger if you can fit, you might be able to get ur alt rebuilt for about 120, or have to get a new one like most of us which is 350-600 for a new one bolt on no mods, and it does make a big difference,

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

what car? probably 200a or bigger if you can fit, you might be able to get ur alt rebuilt for about 120, or have to get a new one like most of us which is 350-600 for a new one bolt on no mods, and it does make a big difference,

Where can i get my atl rebuild?

1993 Mazda Mx-3

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Archived