Couple questions about my second custom enclosure.

This is going to be my second attempt @ a custom enclosure. i did one for a 15" orion XTR, was pretty loud, had some serious low end balls compared to my more recent systems.

The subs are 2 12" Alpine Type Rs, powered by a Kenwood 9102D [850WRMS]

im thinking about 2.5CUFT a piece, and around 80SQin of port, tuned to 28hz or 32 hz. this is a daily driver, but i want it to be as loud on music as i can get it.

its going in a 1990 240SX hatch [s13] i am thinking about doing a CRX style box, subs up ports back etc. but i was wondering if this will give me a noticable increase in SPL. also, ive read a couple places about flare square/rectangle ports. does this help with SPL any?

thanks in advance for the help!!!

2005 Grand PrixSource: StockFronts: Stock 6.5 ComponentsRears: Stock 6x9Subwoofer: FI BTL 12" Fully optionedSubwoofer amplifier: Kenwood KAC-7203 bridged @ 4ΩEnclosure: 3.41cuft tuned to 33hz

2.6 is what i use for them tunning soudns about right. you need a good size port I recommed for you 4 4" areo ports from Partsexpress.com , or you can try and flare them out yourself. honeslty that amp doesn't put out that much power I used to own it and It only did about 600 watts. crx style will proble be best, i think subs for port back would be the best for you.

flaring your ports reduces turbulane.. some people have noticed a 1-3 db differnce. people in teh extreme classes still use rectangel ports but the flare them out using PVC pipe.. teh smoother you make the the better

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

to flare the ports, could you use a rotory tool to smooth the wood? and im going to do a slot port, because i find it easier to work with. and i also find it easier to build with the slots.

and on the amp, i got my old one benchmarkes about 4 months ago and it was stitting @ 890WRMS. granted thats on a perfect 14.4v charging system, but ya.

and 2.6, im guessing after displacement

2005 Grand PrixSource: StockFronts: Stock 6.5 ComponentsRears: Stock 6x9Subwoofer: FI BTL 12" Fully optionedSubwoofer amplifier: Kenwood KAC-7203 bridged @ 4ΩEnclosure: 3.41cuft tuned to 33hz