lincoln towncar electrical problem?

i don't know if this goes here or not. if not, sorry.

i have a 91 lincoln towncar executive series. it was given to us when my wifes grandma passed. we got the car in june.

it wasnt driven much at all. her grandma was the original owner and bought it brand new in 91. it has 65,041 miles. the last 4-5yrs it wasnt driven more than once or twice a week for short distances. it was always serviced by the original lincoln dealership it was bought from.

about a month ago, i put an ivx 15 on a hifonics zeus 500.2 bridged @4ohms. everything was fine for a few days, and then i started noticing the voltage seemed really high (yes, high). the car was idling at 15.3volts while playing music. i made a thread about it, but didnt really get anything out of it. i took the sub and amp out so i didn't hurt anyhting (car or equipment), about 2 weeks ago. a day or two after it was taken out, we lost our dash lights. no wires were touched anywhere near the dash when the equipment was removed, so i checked the fuse. fuse is fine, so i think the light in the dash went out and i could drive it until i had time to tear the dash up. i don't do much night driving anyway, so no big deal.

tonight i was driving from the store and was at a stop light when someone pulled up next to me and told me i didn't have any tail lights. i pulled over and checked, and nope, no tail lights. check the fuse, and it's fine. thought maybe the lights were out, but what are the chances they both go out at the same time?

i'm starting to think it's something electrically wrong with this car. i know when we got the car there was a problem with the factory radio not really shutting all the way off or something. when the car would be shut off, you could see the radio light still. it would be dim, but you could still clearly see the time and radio station. it didn't matter because i took it out within a couple days. sorry, for the long rambling story, but my questions are these:

what would cause the dash lights and tail lights to go out at the same time?

could the car have an electrical problem with showing the high voltage, the factory radio problems, and now the dash and tail lights?

if it is an electrical problem, is the car pretty much scrap, or would it be worth fixing? or would the price exceed the value of the car?

any help is appreciated.

Archived