why would a waterpump break like this!?!?!

What is that pulley make of? Did you use a torque wrench you know they weren't too tight, that is what I was getting at, I have tightened plenty of bolt I thought were fine and then snap off cuz just too tight.

the.make of ? What do you mean ? Its just a steel pulley as it looks no name brand or anything it came on the engine in the car when I bought it.its a 95 5.0 rebuilt by me. And no Ididnt use a torque wrench couldn't fit one in the gap. between the pulley and fan just tightened them down. Snug.with a little extra touch.

What is that pulley make of? Did you use a torque wrench you know they weren't too tight, that is what I was getting at, I have tightened plenty of bolt I thought were fine and then snap off cuz just too tight.

Overtourquing wouldn't have caused such massive carnage in such a short time. If he did over torque, maybe one bolt breaks at the worst. But the pulley would have still stayed centered most likely and the other three bolts would still be okay. I'm the king of over torquing, I always torque the shit out of everything, so I know about breaking bolts...lol. I think his issue could have only happened if two or more bolts all began loosening at the same time, allowing the pulley to wobble and break.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

I didn't use lock tite. on those bolts I didnt think I needed to but its a lesson learned everyone makes mistakes.which mine was a a big one

Ok then. I'm not trying to bust your balls, just that it seemed to be the most likely culprit based on your description. If you didn't use it, then I'd say about 75% chance that was was happened. Like you say, lesson learned. You'll know for he next time. I once left the intermediate shaft of the oil pump out of an engine I was assembling late at night. Had about $8000 invested on an engine I had built completely by myself. Fired the engine up and ran it with no oil pressure during breakin. Had to rebuild it all again. Shit happens.

ahh its no problem I deserve to get this. "Bustin my balls" lol I went the cheapo route on some of the stuff. Like.a/c smog pump delete. Just took them out and bought a smaller belt.and plugged the smog pump lines with some quicksteel. and damn that is a real big bummer! Id hate to waste 8000 on an engine that went bad cause I forgot something Ibet it.was a nice motor ! Did you rebuild it ground up and everything again?

Overtourquing wouldn't have caused such massive carnage in such a short time. If he did over torque, maybe one bolt breaks at the worst. But the pulley would have still stayed centered most likely and the other three bolts would still be okay. I'm the king of over torquing, I always torque the shit out of everything, so I know about breaking bolts...lol. I think his issue could have only happened if two or more bolts all began loosening at the same time, allowing the pulley to wobble and break.

yup yup that's what I think happened ! Cause the way that pulley looks. Like it was wobbling and broke did you guys see the pic? I'm not the best at uploading pics " probably loosened up when I was doing the break in.and the hour of drive after then not checking over everything after that

I didn't use lock tite. on those bolts I didnt think I needed to but its a lesson learned everyone makes mistakes.which mine was a a big one

Ok then. I'm not trying to bust your balls, just that it seemed to be the most likely culprit based on your description. If you didn't use it, then I'd say about 75% chance that was was happened. Like you say, lesson learned. You'll know for he next time. I once left the intermediate shaft of the oil pump out of an engine I was assembling late at night. Had about $8000 invested on an engine I had built completely by myself. Fired the engine up and ran it with no oil pressure during breakin. Had to rebuild it all again. Shit happens.

ahh its no problem I deserve to get this. "Bustin my balls" lol I went the cheapo route on some of the stuff. Like.a/c smog pump delete. Just took them out and bought a smaller belt.and plugged the smog pump lines with some quicksteel. and damn that is a real big bummer! Id hate to waste 8000 on an engine that went bad cause I forgot something Ibet it.was a nice motor ! Did you rebuild it ground up and everything again?

It only needed some new rings, bearings, crank journals polished, and cylinders re-scuffed. Could have also replaced the cam bearings, but decided against it. Cost like $850 to fix way back when. $8000 on a motor seems like a bargain now. I've got about $14k into my current race motor.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

It only needed some new rings, bearings, crank journals polished, and cylinders re-scuffed. Could have also replaced the cam bearings, but decided against it. Cost like $850 to fix way back when. $8000 on a motor seems like a bargain now. I've got about $14k into my current race motor.

damn that's. A lot! Lol I'm only about 4k into on engine wise. but still its a lot lol. and that doesn't sound terrible. instead of spending another 8k on it lol. What's your pushing? at the wheels

Pics of motor....

Before powder coating....

RodeckMotor005.jpg

After powder coating.....

008.jpg

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

damn that's. A lot! Lol I'm only about 4k into on engine wise. but still its a lot lol. and that doesn't sound terrible. instead of spending another 8k on it lol. What's your pushing? at the wheels

I've never had it on a chassis dyno, just an engine dyno. 400 cubic inches, 676hp/594ft lbs torque N/A, and able to handle an additional 400 shot of nitrous. Car is a 78 Buick Regal that is street legal, street driven, and runs 9s on 255 radials.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

Archived