Sonic Electronix

2007 ford fuzion audio build

a buddy of mine is looking to buy some audio stuff for his car, he is not a SPL kind of guy but rather a quality guy. I run a 18" BL with alpine X speakers, he liked the clarity i had but only at about 50% volume and i dont expect him to want it much higher than that.

i hope someone can let me know what they think of the parts we priced out tonight and maybe give some other ideas just for comparison. I think his stock alt/bat should be decent but perhaps an upgrade to an optima or a second battery may be all he needs along with the big 3. his car currently has 2 coax sets of speakers 5X7 and he would like to add 2 more 6X9 in the back as well as tweeters in the front a pillars. My idea for parts are as follows:

front speakers: alpine spr-60c component

rear door: alpine sps-517

rear: alpine sps 619

sub Fi audio SSD 12"

front amp: punch p400.2

rear speaker amp: rockford R600-4D

sub amp: kicker ZX1000.1

deck: pinoeer deh p8400 4V preamp

i planed to run new 16ga wire through the entire car and under his carpet, build a sealed box for his trunk for the sub, build 2 boxes to fit under the new 6X9's and use 4ga power wire for the amps.

He tells me his car has 2 security systems that dont work well, one factory and one after market security with remote start where the remote start does not work and he can not unlock the car with the aftermarket with out the factory system going off.

we priced out this build at about 1800 or a cheaper build at 1100 that just has one step down on a few components.

has anyone done any installs on this make/year of car before that can tell me about any surprises and or give some input on the opinions of the parts list.

thank you

nothing, gutted

Archived