Jump to content

Driving / Dash Cameras - Anyone have one or have a preference?


Recommended Posts

Posted

^ like the title says- anyone have or use a dash camera?

I am really thinking about getting one of these. I do A LOT of driving with my job and I have thought about one for years, but for some reason it is really sticking in my head as of late. If I needed PROOF that something wasn't my fault or a history of where I was or what I did, then this could save my butt.

Off brand cameras can be had on the cheap from eBay, but they look like what they are I suspect- very cheap knock off type stuff.

I am thinking that if I get one, I should go with something like the GOPRO. I pretty much know what I would be getting and they are HD... They just have so many options that I could get if I wanted them down the road (helmet cam, waterproof case, mounts, on and on...)

http://gopro.com/

and here is the "MotorSport Edition" : http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero2-motorsports-edition/

Not shabby for $300.

So- anyone with any input? Thanks guys!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install


You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Posted

I do i run the go pro got a few sd cards and unless something happens or i want something saved i transfer to the computer... but eventually will upgrade to a 24hr one with a box recorder

Edit : its also fish eye so u see from corner to corner

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Posted

I do i run the go pro got a few sd cards and unless something happens or i want something saved i transfer to the computer... but eventually will upgrade to a 24hr one with a box recorder

Edit : its also fish eye so u see from corner to corner

Yeah- that is a biggie too.... it has to have the wide angle.

And that is what I was thinking too... keep a couple of SD cards on hand, let it write over itself if there is no problems, or maybe keep a week at a time and rotate out. So Navi, I take it you like yours if you are looking to add more storage space?

Ahhh you gotta go with the Gopro no other choice

That's what I am looking to hear! :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install


You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 445 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...