Display goes out

Nah, laptops suck. I mean they're good for the first few months you have them but then they seem to slow down for no reason. It's a lot more difficult to upgrade, as in most situations? Just best to throw them out and go get a new one. Meanwhile desktops? Shit happens, and you do have to replace things but it's easy. Take case apart, unplug, plug in new one, put case on, pretty much done. And just as easy to upgrade things. Like I was thinking about seeing what I could get video card wise to upgrade my desktop. All I'd have to do is unplug the one in there now, put in the new one, start it up and install drivers. Laptops are so much more difficult.

But chances are for your situation, it's the cables. Like I said, the whole monitor input thing being bad? Very rare. It's not an every day thing that you hear about it. Usually if it's the monitor or tv, it's something way more serious than just an input.

Sheena = pedobear

I haven't had to many problems with laptops, I'd usually keep one a couple years before getting a new one. Mainly got Acer and Gateway which I know are the same company basically. But you're right. Can't upgrade a laptop like you can a desktop. Which is why I went with a desktop this time.

I hate my laptop. I press keys, keys don't appear on the screen. I don't press keys, keys appear. I hit space and sometimes 10 spaces happen. Wtf? I only pressed it for one and then released. So many issues. But... can't bring desktop to work, haha. Laptop is mobile. And it's Toshiba, so one of the best. Just never got a disc for it. No backup or recovery.

Sheena = pedobear

haven't been able to get the new cable yet, but oddly my display has stayed on with no problems the past couple days. Course now that I said that, it's gonna go out again...just watch.

• 3 weeks later...

finally got the new cable from monoprice.com. I went with the hdmi cable and a dvi-hdmi converter. I'm impressed at how much nicer everything looks. Even spent less on this cable than I did for the VGA cable I replaced.

finally got the new cable from monoprice.com. I went with the hdmi cable and a dvi-hdmi converter. I'm impressed at how much nicer everything looks. Even spent less on this cable than I did for the VGA cable I replaced.

tumblr_malonb78G81remsrro1_400.jpg

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Ok so been using the new cable for about a week now, and just 5 minutes ago the damn display goes out again. Using the dvi port with a dvi-hdmi adapter and hdmi cable. So if its not the cable could it a driver issue? or should i just get a card. not sure what card to get. currently i can handle games like gta 4, need for speed shift, and resident evil 5. Also don't want to spend that much money. I think 75 tops is my limit.

• 1 month later...

As you might or not remember my display kept going out. Easy fix just replace the cable cause that was the problem. That worked great until tonight. Watching Arrow on Hulu when for no reason the display goes out. So I reset the comp and still a blank screen even after the comp had been running for 10 minutes. Checked connections and everything looked fine. I unplugged the tower and checked things on the inside. Plugged the tower back in and it worked fine. I talked to tech support at hp (where my comp was built) he said that the display going out was due to static electricity and by unplugging the tower it dispersed the static electricity. Has anyone heard of that happening before? This was the first time I have heard of that happening.

Archived