is this corrison?

Well I filed it off with a metal file. Cause it was getting dark, it didn't go up the wire. In a month ill check it again and see if it has any then buy the spray bottle.

Also its a AGM battery not acid

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Clean all the surfaces with a wire brush or sandpaper.

Use baking soda and water and apply to the terminal to further clean all corrosion that the abrasives couldn't get to.

Apply a conductive grease to the whole connection, just a tiny film between conductors so they tighten properly.

Most importantly...is this battery inside your cabin? It looks like it from your pics.

The corrosion is a sign that your battery is slowly leaking gas from the acid inside.

Its an AGM battery which should be sealed, this shows that it isn't.

If the battery is under the hood it'll be fine. It just may not last as long as it should.

If the battery is indeed in your cabin, I would look at getting it replaced.

It may not be much, but breathing battery gas is not good.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Use baking soda and water and apply to the terminal to further clean all corrosion that the abrasives couldn't get to.

Apply a conductive grease to the whole connection, just a tiny film between conductors so they tighten properly.

Most importantly...is this battery inside your cabin? It looks like it from your pics.

The corrosion is a sign that your battery is slowly leaking gas from the acid inside.

If the battery is under the hood it'll be fine. It just may not last as long as it should.

The battery is in my trunk. My subs are sealed off from the trunk also.

IMAG1987-1.jpg

The blue tape and plastic will be taken out soon also btw.

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

battery terminal protection spray, leaves a red film on the terminal and costs about 6 bucks for a big can

Ain't that a pain? You buy this big ass can and you use like 1/32 of it? Lol. Not like you go out and use it every week or whatnot. Last you the life of the car... and then some.

Sheena = pedobear

IMAG1987-1.jpg

Good to know your trunk is sealed off, should help a bit, but ultimately you'll probably want to replace the battery.

Any chance its under warranty?

Trunks should be ventilated so that should help as well.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

battery terminal protection spray, leaves a red film on the terminal and costs about 6 bucks for a big can

Ain't that a pain? You buy this big ass can and you use like 1/32 of it? Lol. Not like you go out and use it every week or whatnot. Last you the life of the car... and then some.

Agree!

Sounds like marketing hype to sell an unnecessary product.

I like a tube of conductive grease. It seals the connection from the elements and its conductive so it helps flow as much current as possible.

As mentioned above, an everyday container of dielectric grease works great too (and has 100 other uses).

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

I always heard trunks weren't ventilated... hence why if you have oxygen bottles, you can't put them in the trunk because they're sealed. No place for the air to go if the bottle were to break or spring a leak.

I'm thinking that all trunks need to be ventilated due to safety issues. If they were sealed and some dumbass locks himself in there and suffocates, a car vendor is going to have a big lawsuit...

Of course if you have a fold down seat, there's gaps all over the place.

Most trunks have small vents at the sides (my Bimmer does and my previous Accord did as well).

Never heard about the oxygen bottle thing, but I would think that it would be an explosion hazard if you got rear ended in an accident....?

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

IMAG1987-1.jpg

Good to know your trunk is sealed off, should help a bit, but ultimately you'll probably want to replace the battery.

Any chance its under warranty?

Trunks should be ventilated so that should help as well.

I got the battery from a friend when he down graded. The battery is around a year old and most of that time it was on a trickle charger.

I don't know how long shruinken warrentys their products for

Archived