1999 Camry XLE Build - Skar Audio - HunterJohnson's brother

As stated in my title, I'm Hunter Johnson's brother. You've probably all seen his Scion tC + awesome fiberglassing works, and maybe my Scooter Thread here: http://www.stevemead...g-15-watts-x-2/I've had my car for around 8 months now. Haven't done much to it. Always open to any ideas of what I could do to make the car cooler. With the help of my brother, ran some knukonceptz 4-gauge OFC wiring to my Sony Xplod head unit (want a new one- touchscreen of some sort) and my Alpine mrp500. Had Hunter's SA-8 in my trunk, and for my birthday present he told me he'd help me design, and build a box for my Skar IVX-15. Anyways, the past two days me and him worked on that and got it done. Yesterday designed, cut, glued, put the sub in, put roadkill in my trunk + an LED strip hooked up to my trunk light. Today, took the sub out and wrapped the box. Pictures of everything below (hope you guys like fisheye) I'll post some pictures of the car soon.trunk spaceIMG_9933.jpgthe subIMG_9935.jpgIMG_9937.jpgHJ customs at workIMG_9942.jpgIMG_9943.jpgKerf?IMG_9948.jpgPieces cutIMG_9950.jpgGluingIMG_9954.jpgIMG_9956.jpgIMG_9962.jpg

Last picture post-Wrapping FinishingIMG_0007.jpgIMG_0008.jpgWe signed the box and put some cotton in. I rely on Hunter for everything, until I'm more learned in this stuff.IMG_0011.jpgA Proud Hunter Johnson, standing behind yet another beautiful HJ Custom's design. IMG_0012.jpgIMG_0013.jpgHunter, finishing some wiringIMG_0016.jpgIMG_0017.jpgAnd a video

(What sounds to be rattling in the second half, is due to the camera resting on the lens cap to tilt it up.)

Thanks for looking and can't wait to hear some feedback/criticism!

Turned out great, and I love the box wrapping. Of course Hunter always does a good job with these things, and it's always nice to see two brothers work together.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Came out great, btw you did not give yourself enough credit. You learned how to solder, measure out, cut the wood, and sand, helped assemble the box, helped wrap, install the LEDs, and you pretty much damplified the trunk yourself.

Sounds great as well for 500 watts sealed! Not peaky and pretty flat response from 28-50hz if I had to guess

edit: Need to fix the battery situation tho...Youre alrdy getting dimmed lights. The big 3 needs to happen asap in the front

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Came out great, btw you did not give yourself enough credit. You learned how to solder, measure out, cut the wood, and sand, helped assemble the box, helped wrap, install the LEDs, and you pretty much damplified the trunk yourself.

Sounds great as well for 500 watts sealed! Not peaky and pretty flat response from 28-50hz if I had to guess

edit: Need to fix the battery situation tho...Youre alrdy getting dimmed lights. The big 3 needs to happen asap in the front

Jus' tell me what batteries to get hah

Props to you man, and you learned more than me actually, I myself still need to learn to solder, cut wood, wrap better, and work with LED's, so if this is your first build, you're starting out great.

Big 3 should be fine, 500 rms isn't much on stock.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived