Second Skin Audio

Box for two L7s

Mr.BassMan

One that shop made me they put the thing together with glue, no bracing, and single baffle..and only screwed the port wall.. lol. Anyway, they're 15" L7s.. powered with a zx2500, and are in a 2000 bravada (SUV). Right now, the subs are up and ported to the side.. i lose lots of bass when i put the windows down (Mostly lower notes, all i can hear is rattling with them down, lower notes are louder with windows up). I was thinking doing sub up and pvc pipes firing towards back would help with that. Box is around 31hz and i like that tuning, so i think ill keep it..

I need someone to design a box for these subs, that's not going to break apart after a few months like this one did. Tuning @ 31hz with maybe pvc pipes, or maybe a slot port.. which ever you think will work best.

Dimensions: Length(Left to right)- 37 inches on current box.. have a total of 43 inches to work with on this.

Depth(Front to back)- 28 inches.. cant do anything bigger, battery and amp eat up a few inches on this.

Height(Bottom to top)- 19 inches on current box.. thats a tad over the back seat, but i think i should have a total of 21 inches to play with without covering up the back windshield.

Thanks to anyone who bothers to help me on this.

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

Are you able to fire the port towards the hatch with a 26" box depth? If you do something that's 43" wide x 21" tall x 26" deep, double layer the top, and have enough room to fire the port towards the rear, then you should be able to get more out of them than your current box. Use a trio of full length 6" aeros and you should be good.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

with the 28 inches on the current boxes depth, i have abotu 2 inches from the box to back of hatch.. & thats how my box is currently made, double baffle on top of the box and the rest is single baffle.. and one of the walls on the box is blown out.. i need something stronger.

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

Archived