ICE ICE POLO (ROBolop Design)

have you though of running a piece of acrylic over the leds to diffuse the light better?

I’ve got some things in my mind to try…

I actually like the reflections. Adds a bit of a "Laser light show" kind of effect to the whole thing. Same with the way the light striates and looks like prismatic lines on the speakers and other surfaces. I know that having just the glow is probably what you want, but I'm digging the additional effects.

There are many other who think the same way, and like it the way it is.

Fuck dude, the simple fact that it folds up like a hidaway system is baller. Your wife is lucky to have such a beautiful layout in the back.

Do you think, she will show this to her friends after my back? If there would be some guys looking at it, that would be cool

I was sick for a couple of weeks, but now I’m cured, and ready for take-off!

At least, I thought I was…till I saw there was a crack in the glass.

DSC05905_resize_zps1428f2a6.jpg

After some swearing I screwed it loose.

I thought “let’s cut it loose from the aluminium, but damn, was that disappointing”

DSC05908_resize_zps91b3909a.jpg

The easiest thing to do was to crush it all with a hammer, and then cut the Tec7 through with a nice.

A really sh*tty job

Of course I had to find the cause of this problem, and I found it immediately. The alu framework, where the glass rests upon, isn’t 100% equal, so it’s normal that it broke.

Now, I rather have this going bad now, then when it’s all finished.

The glass is ordered, and tomorrow I’m going to do it all over again.

sh*t happens

I’ve started again! I screwed a 2 mm thick aluminium plate onto the bottom of the box. So you can’t see anything of the cables anymore, and that’s much better.

DSC05914_resize_zpsbb632d01.jpg

If everything goes well, I’m going to mount it in the Polo tomorrow.

I’ve started covering the parts for in the trunk.

The alu part you see in the hole, is the plate I made so the little door will not be able to shift backwards.

DSC05936_resize_zpsa0c499a6.jpg

Here the little door when it was freshly sawn, just need to cover it. The plate harnesses itself in the hole, and I’ll tell you how to take it out, once it’s covered in clothing.

DSC05938_resize_zpsbc5dce8c.jpg

This is the left side

DSC05941_resize_zps84988650.jpg

DSC05950_resize_zps48600157.jpg

I covered this last night, and where I’m working now, I haven’t got so much ligt. So when I looked at my work outside today, I… @$esd)!

Here you can see why.

DSC05961_resize_zps98df0e7b.jpg

The colour of the lower part is a bit more dark , and I didn’t see that. I bought 2 rolls of fabric, and apparently it wasn’t the same color.

So I’ll have to start again.

Every disadvantage has an advantage … Now I’m going to know how strong the glue is I’ve used

F-ckin’ hell!

Archived