Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Component Systems Split Power?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Quick question that i should know but i don't. I know crossovers split frequencies to tweeters, and midranges, but do they split the power provided as well?

For example, if I have kicker ss components which are rated at 100 watts, and I provide a 100 watts from my amp, are the tweeters seeing 50 watts, and the midranges seeing 50 watts? or does it mean, that there is a constant 100 watts of power being supplied to the tweets/midranges at the same time, making each speakers capabilites 100 watts rms?

If they do split power, why do they rate the same exact tweeters which are sold seperatley(not part of a component set) at 200watts peak/100watts rms if they are only feeding them 50 watts in the component set????

man, I am confused!!! :blink: can anyone explain??? thanks.

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

Posted

I know for a fact that its not 100 to each. I also know its not 50-50. Usualy the midbass would see more power, its a bigger driver and takes more mechanical force to move it. But it all depends on the song, voltume level and settings. Its not like say your tweets get a constant 30 watts and the midbass gets 70. It will fluctuate. But for the most part the larger the driver, the more power it will need.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

Posted
I know for a fact that its not 100 to each. I also know its not 50-50. Usualy the midbass would see more power, its a bigger driver and takes more mechanical force to move it. But it all depends on the song, voltume level and settings. Its not like say your tweets get a constant 30 watts and the midbass gets 70. It will fluctuate. But for the most part the larger the driver, the more power it will need.

One of these days Im gonna remember all of that stuff and build a crazy SQ system...until then, component sets for me!

...I replied in the wrong thread, but its basically the same topic, how a crossover works...

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1143 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...