Sonic Electronix

I know this has been asked a million times

in my other car, I'm running an alpine hu along with a kenwood 4042 mini EQ along with a pair of kicker amps

with the engine running and the radio installed I'm getting really loud and bad altenator noise, but yet if I unscrew it from the pocket it sits in with the motor running, it's dead quiet and sounds great,

things I've tried

1 common grounds

2 floated the ground thru the antenna

3 grounded the rca's

4 I didn't use the stock power wires and pulled the power right from the steering column

5 ran direct to the battery for test

6 swapped rca cables

7 installed a rca noise filter

8 moved the grounds from both the eq and radio and grounded them to the radio cover

I've got it now where with the addition of everything above when I slide it into the dash without screwing it down, it's very very faint, but screw in 1 mounting screw that goes directly into the console metal you're hit with a millions mosquito's in a jar..

at this point I'm stuck, tomorrow I'm trying a different HU to see if maybe it will play nice..

I remember years ago when I was installing they used to make like a foil type shielding you could put around your radio..

I must be getting old, I was always able to fix this crap before..

Steve

anyone know where to get some?

Installer of 40 years, Service Mgr, head Installer - Precision Car Audio in Downey Ca in the 80's/90's when the systems craze hit, it was better than Disneyland..Had many spreads in Mini Truck and Trucking Magazine..

1 Nesa NSD-345 (cheap but I've fallen in love with it)

1 KGC-4024A

1 ORION HCCA250

2 Fosgate Punch 40dsm

4 Vifa plates

2 GoldSound 1240's (see if any of you remember these)

no I haven't that's a great idea

thanks

Installer of 40 years, Service Mgr, head Installer - Precision Car Audio in Downey Ca in the 80's/90's when the systems craze hit, it was better than Disneyland..Had many spreads in Mini Truck and Trucking Magazine..

1 KGC-4024A

1 ORION HCCA250

2 Fosgate Punch 40dsm

4 Vifa plates

Mine was doing the same thing, I took out my t600-4 and gonan send it on warranty this week.

The RCA's input is bad .. and It was doin annoying noize even with the engine off...

It doesnt do it with my 4channel d9500....

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

have you tried grounding the alt casing? like, putting a run from one of the alt mounting studs, to the - on the battery?

I have a 4' wire with big alligator clips on each end, I attached one right to the casing on the alt and the other on the battery, no change..

damn

1 KGC-4024A

1 ORION HCCA250

2 Fosgate Punch 40dsm

4 Vifa plates

Archived