Second Skin Audio

Verify my box please! 8" woofer

Hey so i gave up with torres box tuner, cannot figure it out. Anyways I just fell back on re audio box calculator which ive been told is not all that accurate but anyways heres what I came up with tell me what you think.

Box height- 13"

box width- 14"

box depth- 13"

wood thickness.75

square port width- .8" LOL only way i could get the tuning down below 40hz.

square port length 2- 8"

Box volume works out to .835 ft3

and was able to get the tuning to 35hz.

Im not entirely sure on this because the width of the port is so small im not sure if theirs a better way to do it or not but thats why im asking you guys. Thanks ahead of time for any input.

134db

no that is what i typed into re calculator. Its just a logitech little 8" computer sub. I cant fit my AA mayhem in the car without a hefty penny. Im not to sure what the displacement is but it cant be much. Im more or less just curiouse how it will sound with such a small port. Tuner shows 35hz so im just hoping it will sound like 35hz. Ive never heard of a general rule on how small you can make a slot port so i might just make it and see how it sounds

134db

well, i have no idea how much air space you sub needs, but if you want .8 cuft this might work. But you should ask around more before building it. Also i don't think that logitech would do well at 35ish hz but if you are just messing around and experimenting this might work.

8inchbox.jpg

edit

do you want a pic of that box design?

ye its like the smallest port ive ever seen lol. But i refuse to tune in the 40's. My 18 played down to 19hz so anything in the 40's is just painfull. I appreciate you doing this on torres. Seems like a 1 inch port is probally just easiest. The only part of that that i am confused about it how long do i make the second part of the port? it draws it out on re box calculator I hope you understand what im saying. like the first piece of the port will be 12" cause the depth is 13 and you want it to be an inch off but what about the second piece?

134db

simple, here

8inchboxsketchup.jpg

like i said. I know nothing of your subwoofer and this is all just theoretical. It may not like being tuned to 36, it may need less or more air space. lots of unknowns here. Good luck, and maybe get a second opinion.

Archived