DD-1 Help on sub amp

I have had my DD-1 for awhile now and have used it to set my current head unit and sub amp in my old setup. Back then the head unit distorted at 28 of 35. Now I have new amps and the same head unit, Once I had it all installed I started at the head to find max distorted volume. I had issues with that but figured it out(all settings where flat like there supposed to be but I had to turn up the sub level to get the signal) I ended up not having any distortion at max volume on track 1 or 2 so cool. Then I do my 4 channel...worked perfect. Now this is where Im having trouble again. I had all settings on the amp as the manual suggest and on track 7 max volume and as i turn up the gain I get signal light then soon after the distort then 40hz light. So then I tried starting at a low volume with gain all the way down then turn up the volume. All the lights stayed off til I got to vol 21 the I got a signal, distort, 40hz.

I figure its gotta be a head unit setting i over looked or I need to re check my headunit. Thanks for any help.