Sonic Electronix

So how hard is it to recone a larger woofer, say a 15" MT or BTL. Reason i ask is because im planning on running two 15" MT's, but im getting them from different peopl, in different ohm loads and such, some are even just bskets and motors. So if i want to recone two how hard is it if i have never done it befor. What skills does it take? How exactly could i mess it up, or what is most likely to go wrong? Thanks for the help!

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

from what ive seen (meaning ive never) the worst that could happen is you get a fucked motor with coil particles jamed in the coil gap.. very bad,

you remove the old soft parts and you let trash get in the coil gap... can be very bad

you reglue the spider to the motor and get supper sloppy or use gorilla gule and it gets in the coil gap... teribly bad

you dont get the woofer surround glued down properly and it causes the coil to rub ,.... very bad

or you get a great condition motor with no trash , you use the proper supplied parts , follow directions and work off of notes from other *reconed my woofer* tips and how to's

and end up with a brand new sub or hybrid

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

i understand that you want to tackle this recone on your own, but its your 1st time and you want to do it with MT's? if i were you, i would send them to Fi and have scott do the recone for like $90 each.

my 2 cents!

Thats what i was thinking, but then again im also (not to brag) decent when it comes to stuff like this.

I know for sure i wont get any glue into the motor gap, and ill also tape it as soon as i take the old spider off. And what about the tinsel leads, are these hard to solder? Alsodo the recone kits come with spacers that go inbetween the vc former and the motor? I know steve has reconed BTL's, steve you got any input?

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

Archived