Sonic Electronix

i have a tweeter on my dash centered and about 3 inches from my windshield. i blew in earlyer today and it was smoking alot. if i still have my tunez turned up will it still send power to it and could it be bad if it got hot again? (fire) it was poping like it was blown but my bass covered it up so i never did anything about it. what should i do? its in my 300m and its going to be a bitch to take it out.

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

i not 100% sure but i would replace the tweet asap, anything blown will change the ohm load that the amp sees and could possibly drop the ohm load too low for the amp to safely operate, unless its all factory and it blew i think youll be ok,

i know in my setup i had 4 speakers per ch, and a tweet blew and threw off my ohm load real bad and i had to replace it before i felt safe playing it again

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

thanks man. the previous owner of my car put all new components and shit in there but its all right into the factory set up being powered by my head unit.

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

being factory i would just disable the tweet so its not connected to ensure it doenst cause problems then

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Archived