Second Skin Audio

Hows it members, need some inout on how much deadener i need to put in my 03 350z. Plan on deadening roof, floorboad, hatch lid, hatch floor, area behind the seat where the storage compartment was. pretty much whole interior of the car. doors already deadened. i'll try add picks of interior for you can get a better idea of the inside of the car later today. The system will have cone area lil more then 400. 8- 8inch subs on a 4k amp. lmk wat u guys think. looking to order in the next few days.

Edited by load350z

2002 Nissan Altima v6 3.5

• Four Incriminator Audio Death Penalty 15s
  • 5 Pairs DS18 Pro Audio X6.5BM
  • 3 Pairs DS18 Super Tweeters
  • Taramps TS2000x4 (Mids Amp)
  • Incriminator Audio 6.4 (Tweeter Amp)
  • Incriminator Audio 40.1 subs amp
  • Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3
  • 3 shuriken batteries (BT-80 under the hood) (2 BT-120 in the trunk) with isolator
  • Big 3 zero gauge.
  • Excessive amperage H/O 225a
  • Alpine head unit
  • Lots of stinger deadener

We had someone a while back (just Google SQBassHead Audio Build and you should find it) who did their 350z. He went with a Bulk Pack of Damplifier Pro and was able to get pretty much everything covered.

Since you already have the doors done, you might be able to get away with a bit less, like a Trunk Pack (20 sq. ft.).

Also if you're planning on ordering in the next few days, make sure to check out our Cyber Monday deal! :)

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

yea i know wat u mean bout the deals...thats y i wanted to know how much ima need b/c of the amount of flex im going to see with this setup. but shipping going to kill me since im in hawaii

Edited by load350z

• 3 shuriken batteries (BT-80 under the hood) (2 BT-120 in the trunk) with isolator
  • Big 3 zero gauge.
  • Alpine head unit

We had someone a while back (just Google SQBassHead Audio Build and you should find it) who did their 350z. He went with a Bulk Pack of Damplifier Pro and was able to get pretty much everything covered.

Since you already have the doors done, you might be able to get away with a bit less, like a Trunk Pack (20 sq. ft.).

Also if you're planning on ordering in the next few days, make sure to check out our Cyber Monday deal! ).gif

Hey, jon can i use luxary liner on top of the deadener then put factory carpet back over everything? Im thinking im gonna order the shop pack for my z maybe 2 of them. i wanna make my car solid as possible. wat u think about that?

• Big 3 zero gauge.
  • Alpine head unit

I know, shipping to Hawaii is never cheap.

Each vehicle is different, but typically you can get Luxury Liner or Luxury Liner Pro installed (on top of the sound deadener) and still get the factory carpet back in.

Personally I like to methodically approach each install, so installing more deadener is not always the best approach.

What exactly is your goal? Less road, tire, and exhaust noise? Reduce flex? Improve SPL? Improve the overall SQ?

usa_render4.png

my goal is all that u mentioned...with SPL being the least important. this car is gonna be a SQL daily driven car. naturally the z's are pretty noisey with the road, engine, n tire noise..so i wanna eliminate as much noise as i can.

• Big 3 zero gauge.
  • Alpine head unit

Ah ok.

With that said I would aim to achieve about 50% coverage with Damplifier or Damplifier Pro on all the panels. The only panel I would do 100% coverage one would probably be the roof to help create a barrier.

Then go over the entire floor and trunk/cargo area with Luxury Liner Pro OR a combination of OverKill and regular Luxury Liner as that would be a little bit thinner than Luxury Liner Pro and would probably reduce the chances of anything not fitting right afterwards.

That combination would provide the best of most worlds.

usa_render4.png

Ok thanks for the help.

• Big 3 zero gauge.
  • Alpine head unit

Ok thanks for the help.

Off topic, but that setup should be sick in a 350z man. Any performance mods done to yours? I have a Z too.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

• 2 weeks later...

BangingHoe..sorry soo late i juz seen u asked a question..as for performance mods no power adders besides a cold air intake. But i do have an upgrade clutch kit with a light weight racing flywheel(13lbs) n a built transmission you can feel the acceleration difference with the racing flywheel alone. The power adders will be ordered once im about 80% done with the audio side of the car.

• Big 3 zero gauge.
  • Alpine head unit