Second Skin Audio

AQ HDC412 BMW E90 Trunk

Dom_J

I'm trying to get loud on music with an '09 BMW 3-series. The trunk is not firewall sealed but its definitely A LOT tighter sealded from the cabin than any other vehicles I've dealt with. On top of that, I didn't get the fold down seats.

There is a small hole in the rear deck about 6" by 4" wide that pretty much lets what bass my current sub set-up will allow to get through to the cabin.

I'm shooting for the smaller enclosure pushing a decent amount of power to the sub type of deal to move some air. I can comfortable fit about a 2-4 cube design. I have a decent amount of space for batteries as well which is pretty cool with the storage compartment back there.

I'm just trying to figure out what size I should shoot for in cubes and where I should fire the subs in this situation. The music being played primarily is rap. I have a kicker zx2500.1 laying around that I'm going to try out at first. I've heard these subs can take a great amount of power so in a perfect world, I'd be running the SAZ3500 daily.

It's a work in progress & I'll post pics as I make that progress. I'm determined to get this thing loud one way or the other. So far my set-ups have been getting louder and louder and with this one I'm trying to outdue my last set-up of a Konaki motor with a PSI recone in a Dave the Box Guy pre-fab 15" aeroported box being pushed by a Hifonics 2k.

I understand I'm going to have to try harder to get good sound into the cabin but I'll take the challenge. I was thinking of either firing the sub into the rear deck or the floor with port going the opposite direction. It depends, rough draft stages.

If any of you have ever sat in a loud E90 3-series bimmer that was fairly loud, please chime in. Appreciate you looking.

Saturn Ion Redline - XS Power Batts(S3400/D680) / (1) Optima Yellowtop / (1) Nations Electric 275a Ecotec Alt - (1) W7 12- BMW E90 - (1) 15" "MD Sounds" Konaki reconed by PSI / /(2) Batcaps

Archived