Loud & Low 8th Gen Civic - Time to say good bye to her.

Reason I ask about the 80prs is it's option to run tablet mode or whatever it's called

Where you basically use it as a pass thru to send the tablet signal to the amps.

It's also active (not as good an eq), but it lets you dump your 360 and it's issues.

As far as I know, optical from an ipad is essentially no better than 30pin or lightning out, because it has to be processed to be converted to optical, and it's not up converted.

This may be way different for your note, but it's something to look at.

Regardless, clean up your harness before making any moves, and add another ground into the harness that grounds to your steering cross bar or something like that.

I've had success with that eliminating whine

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

My build - 1996 4Runner with 2 18s - 149+ in a sealed box (with radiators)

0a4ee87c-28c8-4bf8-9dfe-5a06b9dea2dc_zps

3e3eb9dd-70f8-4424-ad11-ccebcd929ac4_zps

I don't remember tablet mode or mobile mode or anything. But I'll take your word for it. I'd still have to find a spot for it though.

I've tried it and I can tell a noticeable difference between the RCA's analog 3.5 conversion, and the HDMI adapter+HDMI converter+Optical with the entertainment system at home. Even the HDMI converter does RCA out, and that sounds considerably different that the optical.

I'll clean things up behind the unit for sure. I'll have to deal with this for a bit until I can get the tablet mount built etc.

They're pretty comparable Evermaxx. The 80prs has the processor built in, but doesn't have hd radio which was what I wanted back then. I don't remember why I sold the 80prs, but I'm sure I had some good reason. I bough the 9500 cause it was on sale and a good deal. It's a good unit, and pretty close to the same as the 80prs, just no processor.

Yeah that's one of the things I have to worry about, but my biggest concern is how to operate this thing: https://www.octavainc.com/HDMI%20distribution%20amp_splitter%202%20port.html I'm at work so obviously I don't have it with me, but I can give you the specs when I get home of what the plug numbers are, unless you can find it on there. I just didn't want to have to do a converter if I could avoid it.

Unfortunately you are going to have to use the MHL adapter to get HDMI out from your Galaxy 8.0. I wouldn't use something that big as there are much smaller digital converters.

Here is one for cheap and you won't have to use the one from your house. Plus it operates at 5V so you would just need to buy a voltage converter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ViewHD-Premium-HDMI-to-HDMI-RCA-L-R-TOSLINK-Audio-Extractor-Converter-2013-/271331213223?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3f2c99bfa7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERNIGHT-DC-DC-12V-24V-to-5V-10A-Converter-Step-Down-Regulator-Module-50W-/261322520291?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd80936e3

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/83-15446?scode=GS401&CAWELAID=530004080000121100&catargetid=1606964484&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CJCa-4bS-bwCFUVo7AodpDEAOA

2009 Nissan Maxima SV Super Black KH3
  • Hardwired Beltronics 955 Radar
  • Pioneer DEH-M9400BH with Stock Bose Speakers
  • Custom fiberglass HVAC display
  • Nexus 7 Tablet w/ Custom Fiberglassed Magnet dock
  • KnuKonceptz Big 3 and wiring
  • 2 Alpine Type E 10's with Alpine MRP-M500

Build Log HERE

Like I said, that was for iPad, and that was what I read, not personal testing.

Sounds like you have the expensive parts already in order. Tablet only is still a cool idea. I don't like adding a unit that's pass through only. Seems pointless

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

My build - 1996 4Runner with 2 18s - 149+ in a sealed box (with radiators)

0a4ee87c-28c8-4bf8-9dfe-5a06b9dea2dc_zps

3e3eb9dd-70f8-4424-ad11-ccebcd929ac4_zps

Archived