Ok im kidna clueless on what u should do for fuses on wires and distrobution blocks. I have on Hifonics 1000q at 1 ohm amp and a 4 way alpine amp that sends 100 watts to each speaker. the hifonics has an 80 rated fuse and the alpine has 2 30 rated fuses. so what im wonderin is, what should i put in the distro block and what should i use 18 inces from the battery, i have an 100 amp fuse near the bttery right now. And also what are the general guidlines when it comes to choosing the fuse, should u use one rated lower than the amp total, equal, oe higher?

thanks for any help

peace

1996 Mercury Sable Stationwagon

- Infinity Kappa 682.7 cf's front and back

- Alpine Pdx-4.100

- Hifonics Txi 1008D

- Fi 12" Q, ported at 33Hz

- Kicker distribution hardware

- (1) Kicker 4 gauge run

Plans....

- Sound Processor (Rockford 3sixty.2 or MTX)

- Dynamat

- another Fi Q 12

- H/O alternator

- Aftermarket Headunit

- Component set for upfront

i really dont know, but i would say:

120 from batt

fuse the distro block at 80 and 40 respectively

i think thats about it

edit: the local shop recommended equal (or as close as possible) to the amp rating, and it made sense, because if your fuse over batt is too big, no use, too small, gonna keep blowing it, so i just took the combied rating and said that for the batt and just the amp rating for the distro block

2009 VW Rabbit 2-Door:

Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD

Kicker CX600.1 (Kicker "Certified" 638wrms@2ohm)

NVX VCW124 @2 Ohm, ~1.25 ft^3 Sealed box

Stock Doors; (4) 6.5's, (2) 4's, (4) 1" Tweets

Owner/Founder of RT Photography

Canon Traitor who moved to Fujifilm

a 100 amp fuse next to the battery is fine, i usually run smaller fuses just because its better to be safe and remember bigger fuses are not going to do you any more good then a smaller fuse. I ran a 60amp fuse for my old eD nine.1 (1200rms) and never blew a fuse. I would fuse your 4 channel at 40 amps and your mono at 60- 80amps. You have to keep in mind that we are not dealing with static loads or resistance, instead we deal with impedance that is constantly changing. so its not like your 1000 watt monoblock is going to be constantly drawing 1000 watts of power from your electrical, also if your only going to be playing music and not tones, your power consumption goes down significantly.

Too Much Stuff to list .

Archived