VRAM difference on the same chip (BF3)

Trying to decide between two refurb Mac's, both 2012 models. One has the 2.3 quad core, 4GB RAM, and he 650M GPU with only 512MB GDDR5 VRAM. THe other ($300 more) has the 2.6 quad core, 8GB RAM, and the same chip with 1GB of GDDR5. I don't plan on doing anything CAD or media editing wise, but I will be playing graphics heavy games like Battlefield 3, GTA4, Starcraft 2, etc. is the additional RAM on the GPU going to make a big difference with games? Most of it will be on the laptop itself but I do plan on using my 26" Vizio TV as well, and I read that having the extra VRAM helps at full resolution,

POTATO!

the RAM on GPU's is only for resolutions, hence why the cards that are meant to be dual monitored (7990/690) have like 2GB. BUT, you want the one with 8gb or regular ram. and to be honest, i highly doubt you are gonna be able to run BF3 smoothly ://

the RAM on GPU's is only for resolutions, hence why the cards that are meant to be dual monitored (7990/690) have like 2GB. BUT, you want the one with 8gb or regular ram. and to be honest, i highly doubt you are gonna be able to run BF3 smoothly ://

I'm not looking for ultra, high res, 60fps gameplay. 30 will do fine for me, maybe a bit more. I can play it now on my current computer at medium settings locked at 35fps with occasional drop (only on 48/64 player maps), and I'm on a 2.0 Sandy Bridge quad core, 12GB DDR3, and a 560M, but I'm needing a Macbook for audio recording

POTATO!

Archived