Second Skin Audio

Ports thru rear deck question

Wastehog

I'm currently in the thought process of how to redesign my sub box and have been throwing around the idea of sealing off completely from the trunk. I don't have fold down seats in the back (FML) so I had an idea.. I just don't know how good it will sound.

The idea was.. Aero ports thru the rear deck, and subs firing up in the trunk.. I don't want to have my back seat out all the time and i'd like to be able to use my trunk without worrying about stuff being up against the subs.

Other idea, Subs facing cabin with ports thru the deck but the ports would be right over the motors of the subs, which in my thought, would cause a massive airflow restriction..

Current set up is Subs back port back, and it sounds good, but I want more sound and better aesthetics.

I'm running 2 skar vvx 12s off an Audiopipe 1500 in case anyone was wondering..

So basically the "tldr" end of this would be, would port thru deck, subs facing trunk lid, sealed off completely from trunk sound good? Or would subs facing the back of the seat, completely sealed off and ported through the rear deck sound better (even though the seat would be in most of the time)

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

Archived