BMW 540i JL Audio build/rebuild. Finally started. pics!

Just a quik update on the progress, its not much but its coming slowly since i have literally no time these days. Here's a test mock up of the amp rack with 2 JL Audio 750/1's barred to all aluminum bars for GR, 12+ and Remote. 2 sets of c5 cross overs, and 3sixty.2. The other 2 JL amps, 600/4's will be on on the side panels i have yet to cut out. Like i said this is a mock up and i will be cutting a new board when i have the set up figured as far as placement is concerned and when i decide what color i want to wrap it in. Either oxford green like exterior or black. The next board will be .25in MDF instead of .75in MDF like this one, which is way to heavy.

038_zps2320f409.jpg

039_zps1ff94ec8.jpg

040_zpsc6ef0660.jpg

I've decided to go with 2 sets of 5.25 JL C5'S. 1 set in stock local, the other in a custom pod on bottom of door next to a JL audio 8in mid bass driver (zr800-cw) whick are 125 watts RMS. OR I may just deviate a lil and put in a set of The Pro PPS4-10 from rockford fosgate that are 350 RMS inplace of the JL 8in. not sure yet. Maybe someone can give me some insight on either product if anyone has used them.

Have u seen the latest wos their pretty shallow. Dont know how deep your doors are or if makin a pod is a option.

yeah i did, 10in w0 is "Mounting Depth 4.90 in / 124 mm" to much. dont want that muck pod rise of the door panel.

Archived