Trade my AQ HDC4 12 New for (4) GREAT 8" subs *FEELER*

Dom_J

179304_10151325684086550_2128572922_n_zps59745153.jpg

...next to my MOJO 15

Pretty much got it a week ago, hooked it up to see how it faired, still haven't built a box for it. In a "blown-apart" pre-fab box, it hit. It has crazy potential.

Only thing I am thinking is...do I want to provide the voltage support to hold the 3500w I want to throw at it & sub weighs 60 lbs on top of having to BUILD an enclosure for it.

The scenario was, I don't have much space & BMW seals their trunks pretty damn tight so I was going to run a single sub set-up that can take a TON of power to fill the cabin with a decent amount of bass.

Now that I got to thinking a bit. I may be better of running a 4th order bandpass box with (4) 8s with the port firing into the small rear deck opening.

I'm thinking a set-up like this can get just as loud if not louder with about 2-3k running to it.

It's all a thought still so nothing for certain, I might use it in the Saturn & just buy (4) new 8s. LMK fellas.

I6SW-Bandpass_zpsbc390461.jpg

Saturn Ion Redline - XS Power Batts(S3400/D680) / (1) Optima Yellowtop / (1) Nations Electric 275a Ecotec Alt - (1) W7 12- BMW E90 - (1) 15" "MD Sounds" Konaki reconed by PSI / /(2) Batcaps

Archived