Birdgang502 Posted December 22, 2012 Report Posted December 22, 2012 Ok so I've had problems with my new system but I'm getting closer to having fixed... 2 alpine type rs dvc4, 1800x1 hifonics amp, 3 fr cap, 0/1 gauge wire, subs wired to 1ohm.... Just purchased kenwood HU today with 4v outputs... Ported box, 1.35 vol per chamber.... Everything is tuned with oscope so no clipping Problem: voltage drop cap reading gets down to 12.2 I am doing big 3 upgrade tomorrow but I'm afraid it's not going to be enough... I believe my truck only has 90amp alternator Question: should I install second battery or bigger alternator? Will this make my system loud without subs getting too hot? Subs have been running warm which is what caused me to get oscope, but no clipping so wondering if heat is due to voltage drop??
Guest Posted December 22, 2012 Report Posted December 22, 2012 uninstall the cap like i said in your last threads. voltage drop makes the amp output less power, so you will clip earlier than your set point you found with the scope. a battery will be a bandaid, by allowing you to play slightly longer, but the recharge time will be longer too. the only real way to stop voltage drop is by upgrading the alt. edit: you'll have to retune everything again since you bought a new headunit. btw, sub level on +15 when tuning. and make sure bass boost is off because kenwoods come default with it on. at least mine did...
Birdgang502 Posted December 22, 2012 Author Report Posted December 22, 2012 I have retuned with scope since installing new HU which I believe definitely is better from previous 2v outputs... System sounds better... You think cap is hurting me? If so I will unhook like you say... I have sub level on +11 of 15 bc seemed HU clipped over that... So if I upgrade alt can I leave my battery alone... Basically if I pay for alt and big three can I finally stop spending money or will I need 2nd batt and alt?
Birdgang502 Posted December 22, 2012 Author Report Posted December 22, 2012 Also the only way to get my system to real beat is to open both my doors.... I'm guessing bc I have small truck but can I use different box and change this? I live in Kentucky so winter months are a bit cold haha
Birdgang502 Posted December 22, 2012 Author Report Posted December 22, 2012 What is a good brand alt? Think I'm just going to upgrade alt... If I can't get sound I want I'm selling all equipment and buying dc lab level 6 F*** it
Raptorman Posted December 22, 2012 Report Posted December 22, 2012 Mechman, DC Power, Excessive Amperage, Tenney Alts, Singer. Those are the ones off the top of my head. 1996 GMC Sonoma Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass 2 Ampere 5k's @ .5 TEAM FI TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said: Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.
Guest Posted December 22, 2012 Report Posted December 22, 2012 good alt companies? mechman and dc power. its recommended you upgrade batteries once you install an alternator that is capable of pushing over twice the amount of current than the stock one can. once you start going over like 2000w (general area), you need to spend probably a good grand solely for the electrical system. its like a car. you keep modding it for more and more power, you'll need to upgrade fuel injectors, pistons, fuel pump, etc. so the motor doesn't blow the fuck up.
Birdgang502 Posted December 22, 2012 Author Report Posted December 22, 2012 Ok so I keep the system I have and upgrade alt with DC power 220... I still wonder is there anything I can do about system is louder with doors open... Can I get diff box?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.