Chevy Restoration Build

Well to make a long story short. My uncle passed away last year, and i bought one of the most loved things he left behind. His truck. He bought it with 2 miles on it. He has everything documented by date and year since 1990. Every oil change, wiper blades, brakes etc. Before his passing some damage was done to the truck and he never got to fix it. There is also some rusted spots that got extremely bad from sitting out in the elements for the past amount of months. It is now officially my truck. I will make a list in the next post showing what will be done to it. My goal is for the truck to be ready to go to college with me in 6 months. I am not sure if this is possible but i will soon find out. I will be doing ALL work myself except final paint and fixing the rusted rockers and cab corners. I am currently looking for a very good paint and body guy in the indiana area or states surrounding (within 2 hours). Any one who has connections for parts etc let me know ON TO THE PICS as it sits now:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sig22.jpgaim is jblackwell64www.jbcarworks.com

Nice truck, careful with the 383 stroker, my friends dad has one in a nova and has had it rebuilt 3 times, but he also has the 500hp kit from summit.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

And heres the interior of the truck at this point. pretty stock besides the new alpine unit and oollllld bazooka tube.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

WORK

Posted Image

Posted Image

little rust ne one?? took me about 2 hours to get all the old exhaust cut and out

well i got bored and uploaded the photos so ill show my hideous beast... she wont be this way for long tho...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this was very early in the morning before takin my truck to exhaust.. cant wait to get a pic or two of that as well as some sound clips....

and got my exhaust done today..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and a vid sound clip

Posted Image

nice project ... I almost got one of those trucks a few years ago myself same color also but decided on a car. What color you painting it? And as far as audio any thing going in it ?

Bass junkie for life!

99 eclipse under construction

91 AWD turbo talon under construction

98 extendedcab s-10 under construction

S W A T!

141.3 dash (97 sunfire)

140.3 kick (97 sunfire)

GOT MY COWL HOOD!! Ready to b painted. dont have pics of the roll pan yet but it cam ein too. Posted Image

buckets will probably be black or black and gray - found a racing set style i liked on craigs list. il get those in first and get the truck back to driveable. then im gonna get another dash * if the new cab dosent come with one* and sand it down and paint it all balck with silver high lights. custom door panels w 2 mids per, a pillars w 1 tweeter per, and custom console w sub

nice project ... I almost got one of those trucks a few years ago myself same color also but decided on a car. What color you painting it? And as far as audio any thing going in it ?

it will definantly have a nice loud system in it. 2 mids and 1 tweet per door all glassed in, buckets w custom console w 12 glassed in.

THE PICTURES YOU SEE COVER ABOUT 5 months. I am 19 and at school so the project is basically every other weekend but will be done in about a month. then a drop and rims will go one. engine in the following months. adding a new cab so the bed and cab will go off and the frame will b sanded and por 15d. any questions ask!

Archived