Second Skin Audio

Soundstream Splx Or T-5's

Believe it or not, we have heard of sarcasm. This is an internet forum. We don't hear anything, we read. I'm not sure, maybe we thought you just might be that stupid.

Splx woofers do not perform well at all in sealed boxes, especially boxes that small. I have no input on the T-5, I have never used one.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

High power, with a high F3 drop off they will do fine in a small sealed, other than that, your looking at like 3cf+ for a SPLx sub to sound good sealed.

I always ran them at like 2.5-3.5 cf tuned to about 40hz for a 12" or 34 for the 15- 3.5-4.5cf.... in realistic boxes

I like the SPLx woofer better, but in this case, maybe the t5

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.