Need Some Help!

I tried using my dd1 for the first time today. But i ran into some issues. And while I feel stupid because I know this tool isn't hard to use I need to ask anyway. I attempted to find my max headunit volume before distortion. But the problem was my dd1 did not even detect 40hz. I had the unit plugged into the positive speaker terminal on my sub amp (DC 2k) but i first unplugged the speaker wire going into the terminal. Maybe thats my problem? I had gain all the way down bast boost all the way down. When I played the first track mt door speakers were actually playing a clear 40hz tone pretty loud. My eq and bass settings were all flat as well. Is this supposed to happen? Apologies for the stupid questions but I need some input.

Thanks.

Sorry negatives connected to the terminal on the amp. but now that I think about it I shouldve used the negative terminal on my battery back there.

Well, negative goes to the ground terminal not speaker negative if thats what you mean. If you have a terminal that you can't connect the alligator clip to then battery negative should work.

Try the rca straight into the DD1 first. If that doesn't work then i will ask if you are using the original CD than came with the DD1, then i will ask about any LPF and HPF your h/u might have. I know you said those were off, but i ask anyway.

If you have a h/u wit sub out you may try to put your sub level at max whatever that is.