Second Skin Audio

Question About How To Find Port Length

I mean, if the distnace from teh end of the port (physically) to the back wall of the enclosure is = to the ports width, you are going to have to measure it that way, its how it is, the wood has thickness which extends the ports length (physically). You would have to adjust your port and/or enclosures depth to make it the length you want it to be

Baylor University

Accounting

yea like i said if you want your effective length to be 13 inches, then make the depth of the box longer so those lengths are not equal to eachother, so you dont have to measure it that way. Make a port that is 2 inches wide and 12 inches long, and make the depth of the box like 20 inches, you will have the length of 13 inches, anyway you do it, it seems your going to have to adjust yor enclosures dimensions, or not, i havent done a lot of fooling around with enclosure plans like you, i just know how to calculate the length because a guy named powernaudio taught me, and he knows a lot you should look at the enclosure plans he designs, he is at caraudiojunkyard.com (the form part). He has a "portfolio" you can see all the boxes he has designed, they are very confusing and intricate

Baylor University

Accounting

yea if you cant go any deeper enclosure wise because of course all space in the trunk, or car for that matter is limited., then you are going to have to do something else. If you have to, change the length, or width of the port, and make 2 ports for more vent area if you have to minimize the width, because changing the width, then changes the end correction, and also with a different width, then the distance from the end of the port to the back wall of the enclosure is different from the width.

but you gotta make up for the vent area so make another port, but then that is hard to do of course because of limited space, so yea i see what your saying, endless circle

Baylor University

Accounting

http://www.caraudiojunkyard.com/forum/powe...-portfolio.html

he taught me everything i know about ports so check him out its pretty impressive

Baylor University

Accounting

looks like some good stuff....

thats why i dont charge really, cause im not a professional with all of the technical know-how. i just shoot for a solid box that will sound good for the average guy on here...nothing top of the line...and i know for a fact i am damn close in my calculations...just a little confusing on the things we have been talking about...may the learning continue....

i likes me some audio stuff...