Sundown Audio

Single SA12 D2 Enclosure Design help

To start off i have never designed a box, so please keep that in mind. I have had 4 subwoofer setups prior to this one. i have had kenwood, kicker, alpine twice, and now i finally have something that is worth braging about. The SA12.

BRZ1200.1d

SA-12 D2

going into a Ford Focus 2012 Sedan

Now i want to build a box that is tuned to 29hz for daily/ 55hz for spl burp

dimensions available are:

Height 14.5"x Width 30"x Depth 20"

I plan on using aero ports and attaching them/ it with hurrican nuts so i can change the tuning from daily tuning of 29hz to spl burp of 55hz

This is what i came up with using Torres Calc, any input would be great!

SA12Enclosurecalculation_zpsc5d96d08.png

Thanks, Zac

Edited by Zac Mikulski

While I will help you I am too lazy to figure dimensions out for you, so your on your own there. I have a shit ton of experience running those stubs (check SIG) so I can give you my opinion. If the amp that you are using does a solid 800 watts RMS this is what I would suggest. A box with 1.5-1.75 cubes after port and woofer displacement. Next the woofer should fire either straight up or to the rear of the car. I suggest placing the port on the side of the box firing into the drivers side wheel well. Also I would reccomend using 1 4" aero port cut to the length of the tuning frequency you want. A single custom made 5" aero port would be perfect but they are a lot of work to make.

If done correctly this setup will easily do 140's. I have built this exact box in Civic sedan, which is similar in size to the Focus, and done a 147.6 with a clamped 1345 watts. The setup I'm referring to was woofer firing back and port to the driver side with a 5" custom made port. I made the box tuned to 40hz and it peaked in the car at 48hz. It also would play low down to 35hz without any issues.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz