Sundown Audio

DC 2.0 Protect Mode

PapaGeno21

Ended up being refunded by the seller of the amp as I bought it used off here. Sub was making popping sounds as I was increasing the gain. And I am not talking at high volumes at all. As it was popping the sub was moving inward instead of out in the middle of bass notes. Luckily there is no damage, the coils still read 2 ohms and they are not jumping around at all. There is no coil rub it seems fine. Still stiff as a board though.

Ordered a NEW DC 2.0 from CJ, and also ordered a DD1. I am going to install the amp with the LC1 knob, not even going to bother with the stock knob as I don't care about the clipping indicator as with the DD1 setting this all up I know I wont be clipping.

Amp was grounded on the rear batt, no more than an 18" wire.

Batt ground is on the body of the car. Everything else is working fine. Ground was sanded down with a dremel to nice shiny steel. I know that is sufficient as that is where the other amps were grounded as well.

Amp was actually sent to CJ to be tested and then it will be repaired and sent back to the original owner.

Tossed my kicker am[ and my 2 12" RE's back in there for now and everything is working as it should.

We shall see what happens when my new stuff arrives and I go and do this again. I just hope that amp don't make a liar out of me and goes into protect when CJ hooks up a DMM to it.

| Pioneer | DC Audio | Crescendo | XS Power | SHCA & Knu | CDT | DC Power |

Archived