I am stuff between 3 alarms two of them have remote start one does not. I've had a remote start before I wouldn't mind having it again but if I didn't it wouldn't kill me, as my main focus is security. Also what add-ons would y'all suggest for added protection all the alarms have shock sensors built in as far as I know. I want to get a glass break sensor, the peizo alarm for the inside, and possible and extra siren. I have consider a proximity sensor and a tilt sensor but I've heard proximity will go off in the rain and the tilt sensor is more for someone trying to steal you tires. Any help is appreciated I am ready to protect my investment as much as I can. Also is a gps tracker possible just incase? Keep in mind I like to keep a decent budget so would the cheaper python be the best option?

http://www.amazon.com/Python-Responder-SuperCode-Security-Remote/dp/B001MWRXUU

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16537_Viper-5501-P-N-4702V.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_28312_Python-Responder-LE-333-P-N-3303P.html

Also is there an add-on to go with my factory alarm? I drive a 2002 nissan xterra

I could really use some good advice on what alarm to get and what to add on to it to protect my investment in the best possible way. Thanks guys

All are dei products which is a plus so add ons are simple.. I know viper has a smart phone add on an pretty sure it's GPS also.. You can't go wrong with any you picked

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Like dc98hoe said, can't go wrong if you stick with the main 3.

DEI(Viper, Python, Clifford), Compustar, or Omega/Excalibur.(Does contract engineering for DEI and makes/shares some of their immobilizer and smartstart technology)

None of the add on modules are plug and play for any model except for DEI's SmartStart which has a plug as well as Omega's carlink. Besides those, even if you bought a DEI add on and a DEI security system, there would still be some wiring involved. For most, if you're going to go with a proximity sensor (DEI:508D), you can pass on the tilt. As far as it going off in the rain........sure it's possible if it's in an absolute downpour, but not likely. Well, at least I have never had a customer come back because of that. Biggest issue people have with them is that they aren't adjusted properly. It emits two different proximity zones/fields, the first field will trigger the alarms warn away which is a few chirps, if the 2nd field is entered then it triggers the full alarm.

As far as installations go, besides requiring an ignition immobilizer, an alarm with remote start will be about the same work as one with out.

MotoCARR

MECP Advanced

Need wiresheets for your car? Let me know!

Authorized DEI & Omega Remote Start/Security Dealer

I see you're shopping on Amazon, Sonic electronix, and possibly eBay. As you shop and you see some prices cheaper than others, shop with caution as alot of places sell "refurbished" units. DEI doesn't do a whole lot of "refurbs" in the true sense of the word. What you are getting is an assembled package that was put together from extra bits and pieces from other units that may have come back as a warranty. Meaning they take the brain from one, the antenna from another, the remotes from a 3rd etc.

MotoCARR

MECP Advanced

Need wiresheets for your car? Let me know!

Authorized DEI & Omega Remote Start/Security Dealer

I see you're shopping on Amazon, Sonic electronix, and possibly eBay. As you shop and you see some prices cheaper than others, shop with caution as alot of places sell "refurbished" units. DEI doesn't do a whole lot of "refurbs" in the true sense of the word. What you are getting is an assembled package that was put together from extra bits and pieces from other units that may have come back as a warranty. Meaning they take the brain from one, the antenna from another, the remotes from a 3rd etc.

That's why I was thinking about going with sonic electronics. The price on amazon just seems to cheaper and sonic has good customer support up here. Also I'm considering a remote start but I had one before and it messed up my starter it was a cheap bulldog one that was probably the problem it would grind from when the key was in until I got it into the one position. That's what makes me leary about one, but I will remove all the wires from that and install the new unit I purchase. With the proximity sensor I need some advice on how to adjust it because I know someone who has one and I you park next to their their car it will chirp I don't want it to be that sensitive...

Archived