Second Skin Audio

Need help on a box build for 2 sundown sa15's

plex_love

I just bought 2 15" sundown sa...not sure if they are 4 or 2ohm though, it doesnt say on em and idk how to find out. Anyway, I have them running off a 1500watt audiopipe. They are in just a regular center ported box right now, prolly round 4.5 to 5 cubes. They hit pretty damn hard but i have head them before and they are a lot louder...so Im wanting to build a new box. Specs call for round 3.5cubes. so what im think is a box for both of them but with a divider in the middle (heard its better that way but i know people like to argue bout that topic) and i want each section around 3.5 cubes and ported to round 34hz....just wondering thoughts on that?

I dont care about crazy lows, i want people to hear me coming more than feel me coming! So maybe i need to tune a tad higher....just wanting some opinions please. Thanks

I'm love bbc

will the ohms really matter on the box build? They are wired to be either 2 or 4 ohm i think, i wasnt sure which they were so i didnt wanna wire them down to a half ohm or whatever it would have been, but they are pushing good and clean. i will check it out though, just really dont wanna mess with takin them out until im ready to throw the new box in.

I'm love bbc

ok so i have them wired to be 4ohm if they are 4ohm subs and 2ohm if they are 2 ohm subs, i dont know if this matters or not but i put the multimeter to the wire coming outta my box that both subs are hooked to and its showing 1.5ohms....doesnt make sense to me at all! It should either be 2 or 4ohm!

I'm love bbc

Archived