Receiver Problem

My sony 5.1 receiver recently stopped playing out of the center channel. I re-stripped the leads and used another piece of speaker to no avail. It got me thinking that maybe it was the speaker, but when I hooked it up to my onkyo, it was working so another thing to cross off the list of possibilities. Out of desperation, I hooked up the multi meter to the center channel output on the receiver and I was reading the same voltage as all the other channels as I set them all to a flat dB setting. I plugged in the speaker wire and tested the voltage and it was the same. I went through all the modes on the receiver for sound, tried using the hdmi input for sound, a headphone to aux cable, and an optical cable. Nothing is getting that speaker to play. One last note is that I do hear static when it is turned up which proves that there is voltage being sent. Anybody have any ideas or know how of what to do?

team%20xplicit%20smd_zpswfo6ysdv.jpg

Unplug it for a few minutes. Also there should be a rest button on the back of it. Try doing both of those. Is this a HTIB reciever? My dads Sony did this recently to one of the surround channels. Took the case off, blew out the dust, hit the rest button and unplugged it and it started working again. Not sure which step fixed it. Also try different setting such as the different listening settings for surround to see if any put sound through the center. If not, try what I listed, if not after that could have a bad solder joint on the output or the channel could just be fried.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived