Water Cooled Tri-Vent Bazooka Subs.

Talk about a blast from the past. I remember seeing these in crutchfield when I was in high school.

They still sell them but they are a lower quality and they are 3 ohm. Still trying to understand why they did that. The new ones are silver and the old ones are black. I'm looking for a third one so if by some freakish chance you run across one let me know. :)

My only guess on this,,

JL always did the 3 ohm thing and the amps are, or at least used to be matched to run at the weird ohm loads the speakers make, there for nearly forcing you to buy only JL products to get the most out of your system, it may still be like this now, not really interested enough in JL to research it. I just remember there was at least a time they tried to play it like that,

all that being said Im sure they were just trying to jump on the 3 ohm band wagon, back in upper 90's everyone seemed to jizz over running 3 JL 10w6's in a sealed box,

XS-power1.jpg

Talk about a blast from the past. I remember seeing these in crutchfield when I was in high school.

They still sell them but they are a lower quality and they are 3 ohm. Still trying to understand why they did that. The new ones are silver and the old ones are black. I'm looking for a third one so if by some freakish chance you run across one let me know. :)

My only guess on this,,

JL always did the 3 ohm thing and the amps are, or at least used to be matched to run at the weird ohm loads the speakers make, there for nearly forcing you to buy only JL products to get the most out of your system, it may still be like this now, not really interested enough in JL to research it. I just remember there was at least a time they tried to play it like that,

all that being said Im sure they were just trying to jump on the 3 ohm band wagon, back in upper 90's everyone seemed to jizz over running 3 JL 10w6's in a sealed box,

I just looked into them again and it turns out they are a dual voice coil at 6 ohm... :P

Put some UV dye in the water and add some black lights to your trunk. Instant rave! :bananaDance:

That's a hell of an idea. I have red lights there now but I always wanted black lights. I'll have to look into it further for sure.

I did the uv dye on a liquid cooled xbox 360. This isnt pretty but it was the only way to save this xbox from the red ring of death. Turned out to light up lime green! it was great. Ill see if i can find a pic:

wKVU2V.jpg

this was actually quite the concept when it came out. and when utilized properly was moderately effective. not much different than how some folks route tubes from their AC system to cool the motors of their subs.

but of course, since its got bazooka wrote on it, it will catch a certain amount of shit just by default.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

I found some info on them that I don't understand and maybe some one here can shed some light on it... the specs say this....

Kapton Voice Coil Former: The Kapton voice coil former increases magnetic efficiency and effectively dissipates heat, resulting in high thermal power handling.

So is this something unusual? Is this why the water cooling would work?

Here are the full specs...

Features

Triangular Design: The triangular shape allows you to fit multiple woofers closer together for maximum bass from minimum space.

Cone Materials: The polypropylene cone has superior rigidity, which results in super-low distortion. In addition, the cone is also very resistant to environmental extremes.

Surround: For a smoother response and improved durability, the woofer uses an oversized rubber surround.

Kapton Voice Coil Former: The Kapton voice coil former increases magnetic efficiency and effectively dissipates heat, resulting in high thermal power handling.

Extended Pole Piece: The extended pole piece creates a broad magnetic field for superior power handling, precise voice coil control, and very low deep-bass distortion.

Bumped Back Plate: The bumped back plate lets the voice coil reach maximum excursion without bottoming-out.

Venting: The woofer has side and rear vents that provide maximum heat dissipation for cool operation, resulting in higher power handling and lower distortion.

Optional Liquid-cooling System: The threaded pole piece vent accepts a CHIL plug (optional), allowing the optional CHIL liquid cooling kit to pump cooling fluid into the center of the woofer's motor assembly. Using the optional CHIL plug can increase the woofer's power handling up to 50%. The resulting maximum RMS power is 300 watts and the maximum peak power is 450 watts.

Nickel-plated Spring Posts: The nickel-plated spring posts will accept pin connectors and bare wire.

Rubber Magnet Boot: A black rubber boot covers the exposed edge of the magnet structure to improve the cosmetics of the woofer and protect the magnet during installation.

Enclosure Compatibility: This woofer can provide extended bass in sealed and ported enclosures (please see the "Specifications" section for more information on the recommended enclosures).

Specifications

Recommended Sealed Box Volume: Bazooka recommends a sealed enclosure with an internal volume of 0.6 cu/ft.

Recommended Ported Box Volume: Bazooka recommends a ported enclosure with an internal volume of 1.0 cu/ft and three 13" long ports. Each port is trapezoid-shaped with a maximum width of 4". The manual provides all the necessary dimensions for building this recommended enclosure.

Put some UV dye in the water and add some black lights to your trunk. Instant rave! :bananaDance:

That's a hell of an idea. I have red lights there now but I always wanted black lights. I'll have to look into it further for sure.

I did the uv dye on a liquid cooled xbox 360. This isnt pretty but it was the only way to save this xbox from the red ring of death. Turned out to light up lime green! it was great. Ill see if i can find a pic:

That is awesome!!!

this was actually quite the concept when it came out. and when utilized properly was moderately effective. not much different than how some folks route tubes from their AC system to cool the motors of their subs.

but of course, since its got bazooka wrote on it, it will catch a certain amount of shit just by default.

I take it Bazooka mainly helped people that didn't want to do the work of an install. Something more plug and play I guess. Or are you saying something else? I do understand that Bazooka is NOT something people take to SPL competitions. But it's the only place I can go to get my tests done. I'm shooting for 140db. After that I'll be good.

I take it Bazooka mainly helped people that didn't want to do the work of an install. Something more plug and play I guess. Or are you saying something else? I do understand that Bazooka is NOT something people take to SPL competitions. But it's the only place I can go to get my tests done. I'm shooting for 140db. After that I'll be good.

Bazooka Makes self contained products to give some punch to oem vehicles, they dont take up alot of space or require alts, batts, 0 gauge etc...

what he ment was the brand also referring to the cooling system.

Archived