Sundown Audio

new problem with sub amp now

85buickrivi

Dont you have a volt meter on your sub amp?

i used a multimeter to check voltage on the mmats amp while its hitting and it jumps to protect the volts drop to 10. something and cant really get a accurate reading because it jumps back to power

its your distribution block is mounted down, try checking too see if the mounting screw is penetrating any metal of the car... My buddy did this once, he drove around 3 weeks with no bang b4 he brought it too me.

the ground block is mounted into the box on one side and the power distribution block is mounted on the other side of box (Box is wood)

also the alternator is stock 100 amp

Looks like this is your problem here

Since you just upgraded amps, I'm gonna guess that you have been running a system off that alt for a while

It is 27 years old after all.

It may need replacing, have it tested.

im just at a loss im tryin to learn more about this audio stuff i know money flys out the door quick i emailed mechman alternators couple days ago regarding a higher amp alternator havent heard anything yet i donno what route i should go or what exactly does my audio for this car require i think my amps are total watts are 2000 to 2200 watts if what mmats and cadence say are correct for the RMS

anyone??? should i buy another battery?? should i need one?? running a cadence zrs-c9 for my highs and a mmats dhc 1400.2 for subs the subs amp didnt do what its doing now before the big 3 in zero gauge it was done in 4 gauge. question i have is that since im gettin better current flow i had to re tune my gain settings because where the gain was previously the mmats amp jumps to protect and back to power when i turn up the radio or when the bass drops in any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

yes to a ground distribution block with zero gauge from the neg. side of the car battery would it honestly be better to ground my amps to the inside of the trunk or atleast the mmats amp??

Its 99% your grounds. If I was you I'd disconnect the 0 gauge wire you ha e running to you mkds and highs amp and connect that into your ground on your sub amp. REMEBER TO CHANGE THE WIRE TO THE NEGATIVE SIDE ON THE BATTERY. Then test it if it jumps into protect. Might be an amp problem.

Forget this statement at all Lol and well you have 2 amp running off the same ground. Try disconnecting the highs amp and see if that helps you out. If it does then you'll need to desperate grounds to the battery.

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

Archived