Question about washing carpet from floor of car

Ok, I will give it a shot. Of course this post will be up 10 minutes after i click it. SMD now stands for Slow Motion Discussion. lol I kid i kid

i rented a carpet cleaning machine from home depot w/ upholstery attachment... it worked great !!!

ive done this a few times and worked pretty good. but if you have like grease stains or any type oil stains. its gonna get some out but not all....if anything the carpet around that area will be cleaner and make the stain pop out more

grease & oil stains are removed with simple green it does work just gotta know how

SMD makes the best products! I bought them all! Click the banner below!

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

i've heard actually washing them with soap and water isint the right way to go, because no matter how much you wash soap will stay in their. i've heard it's better to just get stuff made to actually clean your carpet's like foam and stuff. but im not sure, i aint got carpet's in my truck :P haha

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

I agree with reg93f150, it's really hard to get all the soap out if you use that. I have detailed cars for over 25 years, used to do it for a dealership when I was in my early 20's. So I have used many different cleaners and tried many different things. The best way I have found to clean carpet is to go to Lowes, or anyone that rents the rug doctor or bissell cleaning machines. Buy the smaller amount of carpet cleaner concentrate, you don't need to rent the machine if you have a shop-vac. Mix it according to the instructions on the bottle, usually 2 ounces per gallon of water. Get the water as hot as you can. I use one of those garden sprayer tanks, the ones with the pump on them. Spray it into the carpet and scrub with a scrub brush. I then use towels to get the majority of the cleaner out of the carpet, plus you can scrub more with the towel and you can see how dirty the carpet is from what is on the towel. Vacuum it out really well and repeat until the stains come out.

You can either do this in the car or take the carpet out. I usually pull the seats out and clean the carpet in the car. One thing to make sure is that you dry the carpet really well. Not sure what the climate is where you live but if it's cold pull the car into a heated garage or if that's not possible start the car and turn the heat on to full and just barley crack the windows to let the moisture out as the carpet drys. Let it run until it is dry and then vacuum the carpet again.

Hope this helps

The carpet will come out of the car to get cleaned because deadener is going under it. So, rinsing the soap out shouldnt be a big deal and hopefully i can wash both sides. I heard using stain removers works best if you apply them under the stain. I guess i will try the rug doctor first, if that fails i will get the carpet wet. Then i will go to the dye as last resort. olor matching is an issue there, so dye an entire carpet my suck.

I'm going to shop around more or try to find a junkyard jem for a parts car. Maybe i can get lucky.

Archived