Question about washing carpet from floor of car

So, when i rebuild i am pulling everything out and i want to get my carpet cleaned up while i am at it. My brother used to just pull the whole thing out, take it to the car wash and hang it up and clean them that way.

I don't want to use the car wash cleaners because i dont't know what is in them

I was wondering if some color safe bleach and some strong detegent would be enough? Or do you have a better way to do it?

It's either that or after i put down the deadener i just rhino line the floor and call it good or get a new carpet. (new ones are like $400 and i don't really want to spend that much.)

It's medium gray color. Has a few stains in it. And as for the pressure the car wash has two modes, spot free rinse and rinse. And i can of course stand back a bit when rinsing

If you wanted newer looking carpet, you could get an interior dye and dye the carpet a darker color such as black

Hadn't thought of that. That would be a big job! Have you ever done that? (of course you have look who i am talking too :P )

I just use a foaming carpet cleaner. I used like 3-4 cans for my carpet. Took mild stains out and took out the odor. I just spray the whole thing, take a good scrub brush and brush for about a half hour then let it sit. Once it has soaked in enough or you think it has done its job then just take a shop vac and suck it all up. Then let it air dry for however long it takes.

Edit: I did remove the carpet from the car first

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

if you go the route of replacing it. maybe look into vinyl flooring. i have it in my ranger and it's super easy to clean. though it is a little annoying to install.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I've used tuff stuff on my seats before and it did a decent job of cleaning, it comes in a can and its like 5 bucks a can

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Archived