Sonic Electronix

what should i do? (first build)

speakers dont draw power. the amplifier creates power that the speakers receive and use.

bass boost is useless. keep it off.

you should only be touching the gain knob (aside from the crossovers)

stop just turning random knobs. thats how you fuck shit up.

your amp was shutting off because you were/are clipping the shit out of it due to the gain being too high.

most kenwood headunits' max unclipped volume is around 33-34. thats for the preouts though. the internal amplifiers start to clip past 26 last i checked.

from factory, my kenwood came with level 1 bass boost activated. i have no idea why. stupid fucking move kenwood made with that.

if you want to set the gains the right way, find someone that has a dd-1, or an oscilloscope.

nope the ground is tightened down pretty well.

i turned the gain knob to 4 just like what the people here stated to do. i just went for a ride and it still cuts out.

i should turn all the bass boosts off? because the head unit has 3 different kinds. and the amp has 1. which ones should i use?

because when i set the gain to 4 there was basically no bass. thats with the amps bass boost to 0, and the head units right in the middle.

I understand you are new. So i am being patient. but this is the last time i will say it

NO BASS BOOST

wait,

what car are these subs in, where is the box, which direction is it pointing give us more info. You arent trying to run these subs with the box sitting on the back seat of a car with a trunk are you?

kenwood has Off, Level 1, and Level 2. put it to off and keep it off.

have you triple checked to see if your power wire is hooked up properly, under the hood, at both ends of the fuse holder (oh, and the fuse itself too), and at the amp?

ok next time i drive ill turn all of the bass boosts off.

everything is in the back of the car facing the front of the car, with the seat down.

im sure all of the power wires and the fuse and the amp are hooked up correctly.

the cutting out only happens when i have both subwoofers hooked up. the amp plays one subwoofer perfectly fine.

i actually do not have paint. and its wired exactly like the rockford fosgate manual says to wire two 2 ohm dvc subwoofers.

from the positive of the amp to the positive on the sub. and then the negative from the amp to the negative of the sub. then connect the the other positive and negative together.

Are you making sure to hook up both coils of the subs? There are two positive terminals and two negative terminals on each sub. On each sub, connect both positives together, and then both negatives. Then connect the positive from both subs to the amp. Do the same for the negative. If you only have one coil hooked up on each sub, you'll be wired at 1 ohm which your amp may not like.

Edit: THIS INFO IS WRONG

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Archived