Just some noob questions but I'm no dummy

ModestDb

If your box was 3 cubic feet, you have the perfect amount of port area.

I can't tell you tuning right now since I'm not at a computer.

As far as tuning lower, it's harder to get louder when having a lower tuning. Having a higher tune, you will be louder. If you tune lower, I'm sure you'll still be satisfied with the setup.

Are you willing to build a new enclosure?

If your box was 3 cubic feet, you have the perfect amount of port area.

I can't tell you tuning right now since I'm not at a computer.

As far as tuning lower, it's harder to get louder when having a lower tuning. Having a higher tune, you will be louder. If you tune lower, I'm sure you'll still be satisfied with the setup.

Are you willing to build a new enclosure?

Not me, but I can have one built to whatever specs for $100

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

I will measure my port area tomorrow morning when I have daylight to see and get back to you guys. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I read a few threads here linked by google and often times someone was getting flamed for comments that I wouldn't necessarily consider being a "dick" per se. Granted I don't know their history with the forums so maybe they did ultimately deserve it. Anyway, thanks for not bending me over and reaming me for my equipment.

Since we are on the subject of spl what do you think is a reasonable expectation if I were to get metered currently? 130's feasible?

If I tuned to say 34 or 36 would my db level go up or down? Am I correct in my thinking that high spl is actually a hard note and sq is more of the low notes or is there a grey area where a low note can generate quite a bit on an spl meter? I know electronics, wiring, just about anything automotive repair related but discussion on building enclosures and audio decibel levels eludes me.

I'm not trying to enter any contests just looking to optimize at a minimal expense ie enclosure modification.

DUring the testing of my enclosure, I started with a 40hz to experiment, had it metered, then tuned down to 35 hz, dramatically increased the low hz SPL, and did not loose any SPL at the higher notes my peak SPL was at, this was also proven on the same meter.

Now thats just an example, there are so many variables in this that there is no way to tell until you try it and find out.

XS-power1.jpg

Okay the braces are pretty much broom stick handle diameter 1 inch thick. one running front to back at 17.25 inches long and one lengthwise at 29.5 inches. Now to find out what an XFL sub displacement is.

Okay the braces are pretty much broom stick handle diameter 1 inch thick. one running front to back at 17.25 inches long and one lengthwise at 29.5 inches. Now to find out what an XFL sub displacement is.

Okay I've decided to have a box built again from scratch by a different source. Consider my current components and then recommend me some specs. I want to get lower on my notes.

My new source does a lot of nice aero port jobs but can also do vented. I'd rather not get his opinion on specs and have you guys help me instead. I like those notes that throw really far and sound low even from a distance. I plan to have the sub still facing rearward but this time around if vented have the opening facing rearward also instead of out the side.

So aero or slot?

Size of box?

Tune frequency for low but loud too?

Rearward facing port okay?

Rearward facing sub okay?

Your thoughts guys?

Archived