Second Skin Audio

review my box before i build

knubs

i didn't see the point in messing with torres/sketchup for the extra 3/4 inch. it only affects the tuning by like -.2hz, and as long as it is between 34 and 36hz im cool with it.

Thanks for the input everyone! it's much appreciated. i will probably start a build log soon. i've been taking pictures of everything so far. i'm waiting on a few packages and then i will be hard at work! right now i've got an mdf floor made so far in my trunk, and after i get the trunk sound dampened i will build my box, amp rack, and everything else. i have no wood working experience and no fancy table saw or router, but i'm going to try to make this as nice as i can, so stay tuned!

also i have a quick question for any of you skilled wood workers. how do you manage to measure and draw out a crazy and odd shape on a piece of wood and make the piece so that it fits into that odd spot of a car perfect? for example if i have an odd curve that bulges out at a weird angle and i want to cut a piece of wood to fit with it perfectly, how would i measure out that odd curve and draw the cut line on the wood? i've messed around and attempted a few things i thought would work, and so far the best thing i've found is some cardboard that i hack at until i have a template that fits that i can trace from. are there any better ways?

Archived