let me start off by saying i have never worked on a four/three wheeler in my life. driven plenty and understand how to work on cars.

i recently acquired a 84 Kawasaki klt 200-c three wheeler. it hasn't ran in 5 years. i was told it was running good and when they guy used it last he changed the oil, parked it then got sick and died later. so it ran great then was parked for a while

after a little bit of work i managed to get that dude to start. just needs a good bat and what not.

my problems start with, what do i need to do about the drive chain? do they get oiled and is it just a simple chain lube and slosh it around inside the housing some?

also, there is a tube coming out of the top of the gas tank... what in the world does it go to. its just hanging and ran fine without being hooked up but i don't want it to not be connected to what it needs to be.

and any info i could use would be great for an old three/four wheeler.

thanks for your time...Jon

Chain maintenance is important, especially running off road stuff. Wash it REALLY well, get all sand and mud off and the get spray chain wax and spray her down. If you dont want a bunch of fling off just take an old rag and wipe the chain off. Please do not have it running while doing this!

The tube going to the gas cap is a vent and it helps prevent it spilling out while sloshing

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Ok. Thanks for that. But the hose isn't from the cap it's next to it about 6 inches and is maybe 3 feet long. Just hangs down almost touching the ground.

And another question is the rear differential has a plastic flap I can lift up and move over to expose the gears. How does that work with the fluid? Seems to me it would just come out. Or does it not work the same as a car.

• 1 month later...

Archived