civic si 3rd gear problem?

hey guys im looking to buy a new to me but used 2008 civic si. and i keep reading about a problem with the transmission or 3rd gear on 2006 and 2007 mostly and a little bit for 2008. and i was wondering if any of you guys that own one have had a problem with this at all?

I have a 2008 Civic Si. No 3rd gear issues at all. Check 8thcivic.com for more info as it is a problem for some owners. The 2008 is pretty much problem free.

I have a slight 2nd gear grind when shifting over 9,500rpm (flash pro) Stock tho, I have not had any issues.

I have a 2008 Civic Si. No 3rd gear issues at all. Check 8thcivic.com for more info as it is a problem for some owners. The 2008 is pretty much problem free.

I have a slight 2nd gear grind when shifting over 9,500rpm (flash pro) Stock tho, I have not had any issues.

yeah ive been reading 8thcivic.com a lot lately trying to figure it out because im stuck between an 07 and 08 but it seems like the 08 has a lot less problems with it.

Yup, the 06-07 were the first 2 years the new 8th gen was out and Honda had quite a few bugs to work out. My personal fav if the 08 due to the shit body style of the 09+

Yup, the 06-07 were the first 2 years the new 8th gen was out and Honda had quite a few bugs to work out. My personal fav if the 08 due to the shit body style of the 09+

right i love the look of the 08 its perfect. even though im just looking at a silver and blue one both pretty much all stock except the silver one has a 1.5 drop to it i believe. just gotta test them out and see which one i like.

I understood it to be as simple as a gear oil swap. I'm pretty sure that some people used Amsoil and it went away. But it's definitely on 8thcivic somewhere!

Here's a thread that will help.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/transmission/203074-diy-2nd-gear-grind-fix-clutch-adjust.html

Here's a thread with a recall on it about the 3rd gear issues. Check it out, maybe even call your Honda dealer.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mechanical-problems-technical-chat/67907-civic-si-trans-problems-petition.html

Archived