Sundown Audio

Why does my amp do this?

One Way

I just retuned my amp and deck and problem is still there.

Tried it on 32/35 and retuned it and its still there.

Used high pass filter instead of full range and its still there... Ima just gona call it and say its going out. Did last me a long time tho so I can't complain.

Thanks for the help guys!

I'm not mad I acknowledge soundstream isn't a good brand, but why take the time to write something when you didn't wana say it in the first place?

Where I was going with my original post: "I don't wanna be a complete asshole and come in here shitting on your equipment but in this scenario that is the most likely culprit."

I'm gonna hate

I find it hard to believe that you have a deck that doesnt clip at 35/35 volume. I think you need to retune your stup starting with the deck and use -5db track. Follw the DD1 directions exactly. and see if the problem continues. Oh, and when you play dont increase your volume past where its set with DD1.

Why is it hard to believe? These keywoods show no distortion all the way up to 35. I did use the -5 track to set it up....but, I will retune it after I get home from school just to be safe.

i just want too say my kenwod clips at 33 out of 35 and i listen to it at 30 and i tuned it with a dd-1 with everything tuned to 33 but listen to it at 30 sometime 32 depending o the song

also my 4 channel was doing this i had a frayed wire touching in the door, and also my vltage was spiking putting my amp into protect, my amp is a kicker zx 350.4 and apperntly if they go over 15 volt they go into protect or if there below 12 volts. could be your wire or eeven voltage drop or spikes just my .02

Archived