Second Skin Audio

Large half car box or wall it. Design plan. | ... /

Carbon

Im planning my build for 2013 and have a few questions about the enclosure. I would like to do a wall but have a few issues with it. First Ive never built a wall only boxes. The door shape on the civic wouldn't allow a large enough piece of mdf baffle to fit without being cut up. Second, the way the police are around here I'm sure they would find a problem with me not being able to see out the window. I'm already on their radar to begin with.

My preference is to build a sub box like this picture. I'd like to know how this would compare to a wall. I have no use for my back seats so I like this box design just to be able to have an unobstructed rear window. I have 2 layers of 5% tint (I have a prescription) on all the windows so i'm not worried about anyone seeing the subs. I would like to know the pros and cons of an angled box like this.

With this setup I could use my trunk for all my batteries and amps.

The setup in the trunk will be 2 XS Power D3100s(for now). 2 Soundstream amps, and 2 sub amps. I will hopefully have 4-6 batteries depending on if work feels like paying me anytime soon. I would like to fit as many 18" subs in the box as I can. These will be FI SP4s. or Incriminator audio 21" lol

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Any help on port placement would be great! I was thinking an aeroport might work for this application as well. Not sure.

EDIT: Decided to go with a wall. Just gonna have to find someone with wall building experience.

Also gonna install a good backup camera if I wall :)

**New design on page 3**

tVIgt8.jpg

dKYC7H.jpg

M7Ptsh.jpg

Check your local law. Around my area as long as you can see out of the 2 side mirrors your ok.

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

Archived