need help on how to connect this voltmeter to a switch then to the amp.

Then figure in how long the wire is that goes from the meter to the amp positive and what it's resistance is. You can use ohms law to figure how much voltage you are losing thru the wire. It shouldn't be hardly any thing at all. Maybe. .1 volts at the most. I know, cutting hairs. You really don't need to be that accurate unless you want it to be.

Going off of what you typed on how the seller wanted you to hook it up the red should go to a constant or ignition power, black to ground and blue to the amp positive. The voltage at your amp is not going to be the exact same as where you hook the red wire to unless you run the red wire to the amp positive also.

yeah i will try that also tomorow when the sun is up and its not -20 hehe :)

I've heard a lot more bad then good on stinger voltmeters... if that tells you anything. I wouldn't get one.

He wants it wired on a switch.. So red to amp, black to ground, blue to switch.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I've heard a lot more bad then good on stinger voltmeters... if that tells you anything. I wouldn't get one.

He wants it wired on a switch.. So red to amp, black to ground, blue to switch.

I actually connected it like that but then the voltmeter was on the whole time (even when the car was OF) It just tournd off the numbers but the meter was still ON. So i had to wiring the red to the switch, by doing that it works like it should...

Just so I understand you correctly. You ran the blue wire to the power wire going into the amp, and ran the red wire to the remote wire that turns on the amp. Correct?

yes exactly, and dont ask me why he chosed those colors becaouse i dont really know, but he told me that and it works now

Archived