Second Skin Audio

aero port elbow length?

bassfreake

if I'm doing an aero port with pvc how much does the elbow add to the length? so like if I've got a 12 inch long 6" diameter pipe and then put an elbow on it and that's it what would that add?

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

To calculate total port length, you'd measure in the middle of the INSIDE dimension to half way through the diameter of your port. So if you needed like, inches of port length and needed to bend at 10 inches, you'd go 10 inches to the middle of the INSIDE of your elbow, turn and go another 10 inches from there. My suggestion is don't cut one of the lengths of PVC until you get your elbow on. cut your initial piece how you want it, attach your elbow, then calculate how much more length you'll need on your second cut. A pipe will go into an elbow maybe an inch or two(which I believe is your original question) but it kind of varies based on the diameter of the pipe being used. Hope that all made sense

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I was always told to just measure down the middle of the elbow. Like with it laying flat .. obviously subtract the slip joints from it ... but as ive never messed with aeros take what I say with a grain of salt

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

To calculate total port length, you'd measure in the middle of the INSIDE dimension to half way through the diameter of your port. So if you needed like, inches of port length and needed to bend at 10 inches, you'd go 10 inches to the middle of the INSIDE of your elbow, turn and go another 10 inches from there. My suggestion is don't cut one of the lengths of PVC until you get your elbow on. cut your initial piece how you want it, attach your elbow, then calculate how much more length you'll need on your second cut. A pipe will go into an elbow maybe an inch or two(which I believe is your original question) but it kind of varies based on the diameter of the pipe being used. Hope that all made sense

I was planning on ordering them precut I found a place that sells by the foot and cuts it at length for you then ships it and it's like $15 a foot or somethin like that for the 6"

and yea it all made sense.. my original question was actually partially asking like if you measured just the elbow from center to the end of one opening how big would that be... obviously 3 inches to get out of the bend... but how far does it go after the bend? I've never seen a PVC elbow bigger than a 1.5 inch so idk if when you get into 6 and 8 inches if the extra part past the bend is proportional to the size of the elbow or if it is still like 2 inches or so

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Archived