Second Skin Audio

Will there be a unloading issue here?

Jessica

This seems to be a common issue 3 common wall boxes. Normaly in a small box you could put the sub close to the port and load off the port wall. I don't really have that option.

You guys think moving the subs as far from the port in this enclosure should help with cone control?

All i can do really is move the left side over 1" and the right side 2". The upper wall on the left limits how far left i can go. Would look like this if i did that.

Maybe AMI can chime in on this too.

wall3_zps82f7d18d.jpg

edit:

I'd rather just put the port down the middle to make it easier but then again i hate to split the port in half at the back because the port ratio gets out of whack.

Throw a divider wall between the left subs and right subs. Might help to angle the back towards the left subs a bit.

better than my suggestion.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Well, i have the seat out of the car and the design has changed. I will post that some other time when I get ready to build. But, the new design is much more simple and is just a cube now with no angles. I also did some research on MDF weight per sqft and 2X4 weight per linear ft and it looks like with just the box and subs i will be around 450lbs. So Wednesday I am going to load the car with 500 or 600 lbs of weight and see how it sits. One nice thing is most of this enclosure will be just in front of the rear axle and partially on top of it. I'm hoping that will reduce some sag. If not i will be looking for some better springs.

Archived